+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The mystery city player

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Looks like we have lost out on Ryan Kent
    Gerrard used his Liverpool connections to get him at rangers
    Not too upset about this one,get Armstrong in and this city lad,also possibly another forward and we are looking ok for the season ahead.

We have a long list of targets. Some we will get, some we won't.

Mowbray out ...............

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Have you calmed down celebrating those glorious England lads? Good old Raheem Sterling. What a player. You must be so proud. Harry Kane. Did you go to the airport to welcome them back? Heroes. All of them.

You really Are a clown aren't you? But your going to be painful next season. And you'll go out of your way to ruin it for the ones who enjoy it.

But carry on ....please....carry on .....
    That didn't answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    That didn't answer the question.
    Bradley Dack
    Danny Graham
    Smallwood
    Lenihan etc etc

New signings Davenport etc .........

clown ...of the highest order.

But you are getting ignored now for the rest of the season. And I wont leave it until you bore off elsewhere. Like you promised you would last season. Just go away. Your not wanted here, not respected, and your boring.

You got sussed out a long time ago.

The only thing you do is go on Burnley mad, act the big man, and bring the pricks off that site here.
    And you get pretty much everything wrong re Rovers.
    How are Wigans signings getting on?

Looking at the team which started against Liverpool, I reckon it would be safe to assume that is the basis of the "first XI".
    I didn't see this game, but reading all the reports and fan-comments, I'm a bit puzzled as to how Samuel's performance can have aroused such wildly differing judgements!!
    Anyway, at the moment, the following look like clear choices: Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Dack and Graham. Presumably, Rothwell is in pole position for the final place.
    That XI looks more suited to 4-4-2 than three-at-the-back, but it's still not really balanced, as Rothwell's best position is not wide-left. Also, it puts a huge burden on Graham.
    If the right people come in up front, I suspect we'll be seeing Evans or Smallwood - not both, as I do get the impression that Rothwell has been brought in as a first-choice player.
    Incidentally, if we do play a back-three, who gets dropped? I assume Mulgrew, Lenihan and Williams will be the three, but if any two from Nyambe, Bennett and Bell are used as wing-backs, the midfield gets squeezed. In that situation, does one of the central players have to be "creative"? If so, we are looking at something like:
    Raya
    Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
    Nyambe Smallwood Rothwell Evans Bell
    Dack Graham.

That seems pretty hard on Bennett, but what's the alternative? Bennett moving in a place instead of one of the true "holding" players?
    Obviously, if Armstrong and a winger come in, all this changes again.
    And to go back to the other thread, that line-up still leaves Bennett, Conway, Whittingham, Davenport, Travis, Samuel, Gladwin and Tomlinson in contention.
    A PL Under-23 would have to be pretty good to push in at the top of that list!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 20-07-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Saxo - going back to the point about how much we've spent so far, take the time to go to the BBC transfer site (instead of getting all your info from overheated BRFC posters!) The vast majority of Championship signings so far have been "loans", "free" and "unattached".
    As usual, the bulk of the serious activity will take place in the final fortnight.
    Mowbray is trying to target specific players. Please tell me you don't want him to go down the road of snapping up anyone who happens to be available - regardless of the asking-price!
    PL clubs are spending money faster than it can be printed. As soon as that settles down a bit, the minnows (like us) can have a sensible look at the left-overs, and player-valuations will become rational again.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 20-07-2018 at 10:59 PM.

I think Davenport will feature just as much as rothwell,our midfield really looks strong,a winger or 2 and it looks very good
    Brushing through our team the forward line really looks weak,I can see Samuel used more on the wing or behind the forward so with just Graham and a very raw nuttall,it's an area which we should prioritise.
    As for Samuel he sadly will be the new scapegoat along with Evans
    He could hit a hat trick each week and still be rubbish in the eyes of some.

The problem for Samuel is that he would probably be best playing alongside Graham, but that's not very likely - especially if Armstrong returns as a No.10 twin for Dack.
    That was an issue for Antonsson too. I hope his move means he will be able to play in his best position - as a support striker.
    I don't believe playing wide comes naturally to Samuel, but I don't think he can ever be criticised for lack of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The problem for Samuel is that he would probably be best playing alongside Graham, but that's not very likely - especially if Armstrong returns as a No.10 twin for Dack.
    That was an issue for Antonsson too. I hope his move means he will be able to play in his best position - as a support striker.
    I don't believe playing wide comes naturally to Samuel, but I don't think he can ever be criticised for lack of effort.
    I'm disappointed Samuel hasn't been played up front in Grahams position. He could be the answer to some problems. The lad needs a goal. I'm not sure he will be effective out wide. We won't find out if he can do it, if he doesn't play.

The more I think about Armstrong, the more I think we need Gallgher. We need a strong forward. Who can do what Danny Graham does. Danny will only play 60 mins here & there. He won't feature every week. So it's him who needs replacing. If Mowbray doesn't want to play Samuel, then we have nobody to operate centrally. Armstrong can't play there. He is a wide man. If we get Chapman (And it's close to being completed) then I just think Armstrong is a luxury. Newcastle have today said they now want £3m. Sorry but he simply isn't worth that. And we'd be silly to pay that. Gallagher and this young lad from City and Chapman.

I don't know champs,I would prefer Armstrong to Chapman purely on his goalscoring and integration in the team
    Also Chapman's injury record isn't great agree on the valuation though it is too much but then again is Liverpool's 3rd 4th choice keeper really worth 12 million
    The madness of today's football valuations.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I don't know champs,I would prefer Armstrong to Chapman purely on his goalscoring and integration in the team
    Also Chapman's injury record isn't great agree on the valuation though it is too much but then again is Liverpool's 3rd 4th choice keeper really worth 12 million
    The madness of today's football valuations.
    It funny. I've heard this mentioned a few times 're Liverpool's keeper. He's meant to be good. And if they sold Scmeichal for £20m them it's not bad business. Neymar isn't worth £250m so it all trcklss down from that.

This is nothing against Armstrong. I don't see Chapman as his replacement. Just if we sign Armstrong, that then means Graham has to play in all 46 games. Which he simply can't do. Samuel won't be central. Neither would Armstrong. Nutall I don't believe will ever come on to be good enough. But he HAS to go on loan somewhere to toughen up.
    So we would have no central striker. Graham is too old for 46 games. And if he got injured, we are screwed. A left winger can be replaced.

I just feel we need a centre forward. Who can do what Graham does. Armstrong doesn't offer us that. And at £3m he could be too much of a luxury. We despetley need a target man. Pace can come in form of young loan players.

We are now after Bristol Rovers striker. Who scored vrs us at Ewood.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)