+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Why capitalism stinks

OT: Why capitalism stinks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44885983

What Burberry have just done - destroying £28m worth of stock simply to hold up prices and prevent counterfeiting is nothing short of a disgrace.
    And the right whingers on here have the nerve to wonder why some of us think there is a better way than 'the market'.
    But well done, Burberry, they ensured that the fumes were controlled and minimised pollution.
    I have bought my last ever Burberry leather thong.

Reading that it seems alot of companies do it, why don't they just make less stock in the first place. I understand why they want to have enough surplus incase of a really good year but it seems alot are completely overestimating their popularity.

What brand of thong will you be getting instead Sid?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

What Burberry have just done - destroying £28m worth of stock simply to hold up prices and prevent counterfeiting is nothing short of a disgrace.
    And the right whingers on here have the nerve to wonder why some of us think there is a better way than 'the market'.
    But well done, Burberry, they ensured that the fumes were controlled and minimised pollution.
    And yet you despise Corbyn, the only man who would try to make a difference to the way things are. Maybe Vince Cable will get off his park bench and do that instead, but it doesn't look promising, as he couldn't be arsed to vote against hard Brexit the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

It's to stop riff raff like you Sid from getting hold of it 🤣

Funnily enough, I was clearing out a few rooms here today in readiness for a new girlfriend (yes, I know.....it is called spring-cleaning....out with the old, in with the new)...and I found a couple of thongs in an old suitcase......should I disinfect them in bleach before trying them on...or discard them in case of a nasty disease?

Pictures to follow, once the poll has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Funnily enough, I was clearing out a few rooms here today in readiness for a new girlfriend (yes, I know.....it is called spring-cleaning....out with the old, in with the new)...and I found a couple of thongs in an old suitcase......should I disinfect them in bleach before trying them on...or discard them in case of a nasty disease?

Pictures to follow, once the poll has closed.
    Try eBay tarqy or elite, he may need some mew thundercrackers

I think you should emigrate to Venezuela Sid, you would be in your element. Comrade Corbyn is always praising it.