+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Notts vs Leicester City

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Debatable, seeing as he finished with "do you" (or "do you?"). So if it was a statement rather than a question, where was the full stop?
    I'm going with Airborn on this one .I think you should take your sorry arse , back to Bulwell job centre and ask them to get it right this time .
    Last edited by navypie; 22-07-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm going with Airborn on this one .I think you should take your sorry arse , back to Bulwell job centre and ask them to get it right this time .
    Not for the first time, you don't quite seem to understand. I chose to attend Bulwell job centre not because I was looking for work or claiming benefits (I needed neither), but solely so I could get a form (AB11 as I recall) to claim from a mortgage protection policy I had paid into for years. To get that I had to prove that I was 'actively seeking work'. The reality was that I was actively avoiding work, but I managed to fulfill the criteria quite easily. It was funny when they used to say "if you don't do this or that, you could lose your benefits". When I told them I wasn't claiming any benefits, the bemused look on their faces was priceless!

Not for the first time, you don't quite seem to understand. I chose to attend Bulwell job centre not because I was looking for work or claiming benefits (I needed neither), but solely so I could get a form (AB11 as I recall) to claim from a mortgage protection policy I had paid into for years. To get that I had to prove that I was 'actively seeking work'. The reality was that I was actively avoiding work, but I managed to fulfill the criteria quite easily. It was funny when they used to say "if you don't do this or that, you could lose your benefits". When I told them I wasn't claiming any benefits, the bemused look on their faces was priceless!
    So, if you are not claiming benefits then you must have sufficient funds to to pay your mortgage. If that is the case then why are you making a claim ?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    So, if you are not claiming benefits then you must have sufficient funds to to pay your mortgage. If that is the case then why are you making a claim ?
    Correct, I did have sufficient funds to pay the mortgage, but I was entitled to claim under the terms and conditions of a policy I had paid into for many years. When I first took it out redundancy would have caused me problems, when it eventually happened the redundancy was through choice. I could have let Halifax keep the cash, but decided I would rather have it myself.

Correct, I did have sufficient funds to pay the mortgage, but I was entitled to claim under the terms and conditions of a policy I had paid into for many years. When I first took it out redundancy would have caused me problems, when it eventually happened the redundancy was through choice. I could have let Halifax keep the cash, but decided I would rather have it myself.
    Just returned to the thread this morning hoping to read some more about the Notts v Leicester friendly, but instead it seems the debate has shifted to why someone went to a job centre in Bulwell. OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Just returned to the thread this morning hoping to read some more about the Notts v Leicester friendly, but instead it seems the debate has shifted to why someone went to a job centre in Bulwell. OK then.
    You sound surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You sound surprised?
    Cilla Black springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Leen pickings

I once went for an interview with a prospective employer in Bulwell Job Centre and he told me how he tended to come down on his employees like a 'ton of bricks'. From that point on, a bit like Spud in Trainspotting, I had to make sure I didn't get the ****ing job.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011