+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Altrincham

Altrincham

Anyone going? It'll my first viewing in pre-season friendlies. I hope they can score more than two goals or I'm really going to be worried about the coming season.

Bit late but here's a reaction to the game. We went through like a knife through butter in the first 20. 3 good deliveries into the box (and a significant number of players in the box!) and we were 3 up. We eased off at that moment.
    In the second half we played keep ball but in our own half. I think Garrett received as many passes as anyone else. The result: Alty decided they could move 15 yards up the pitch as their back line was no longer under threat and this led to them putting pressure on our back players who started to lose their heads occasionally, passing quality deteriorated and we started causing our own problems. They could have scored 3 but for two excellent stops from Garrett and a glaring miss from the head of one of their players.
    A little worrying!