+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Off Topic Durham Nick.

Off Topic Durham Nick.

On Channel 4 tonight at 9pm.

35/40 years ago I would have been expecting to see the regulars off Wallsend High Street in there,we even had a pub nicknamed E Wing where all the porridge chompers drank when they were out.

It still looks worth watching though.

I seem to remember that Durham was reserved for all the "heavy duty" criminals in the UK.

I was working on Durham nick years ago when in mates smuggled parts of a gun in .saw Myra hindley a couple of times ,she had a broken arm at the time

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I was working on Durham nick years ago when in mates smuggled parts of a gun in .saw Myra hindley a couple of times ,she had a broken arm at the time

I've done something not many outside the prison service can say.

I've been in every nick in London, including Holloway, the womens prison.

Doing surveys that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I seem to remember that Durham was reserved for all the "heavy duty" criminals in the UK.
    That was on E Wing.Most of the other wings were for locals on shorter stretches.

Aye I’ve been in Durham visiting lads I’ve worked with. Proper Victorian prison. When you go up to the visiting area set aside for ‘professionals’ the convicts are all looking like meerkats trying to see who is coming. Felt sorry for a woman solicitor with the comments.

Watching it now.

Bloody hell, man.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Just read about her, what a lovely lass!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)