+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're is the new signings

We're is the new signings

Are we planning on making signing or just filling up the development sqaud

unless I have missed something not even any news on Fryers who's injury at Salford looked bad

Mallan scored two more tonight. Do we have a buy back clause

Can we please have the word signing banned for the foreseeable?
    Every time I see it, I get excited and then read it properly end up disappointed.

My view is that the word has come down from Chien to Goat to make up the £6 million loss and more by getting expenditure off the books and income in by cutting the wage bill and selling (or hoping for a windfall from any Mawson sell-on clause).
    Expenditure off the books by not replacing the bigger wage earners such as Yiadom, McBurnie, Gardner, Hammill.
    Selling wherever possible-Mallan, Pearson, Knasmullner and possibly bigger names in the pipeline to go.

The idea of buying anyone significant will be well down the priorities. Maybe a youngster Portsmouth want off their books will be our level of ambition ?

Top and bottom line is it was their fault we got relegated by bad management and decisions the 6 million because of relegation could be taken out of ALL the money made on transfer deals with plenty left for future signings. Ambition is not in their dictionary

Can't disagree with that Dools but the question still remains

WHY?

Can only get a couple of loans or freebies unless money is generated

Agree with Exile though ESR. WHY ?

I’d be happy with 2 loans that would otherwise be out of our financial reach and a permanent winger in. Ship another one our permanents our who wouldn’t have featured and were golden man.
    This would, for me, leave scope for a last minute signing that could really make a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast