+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Salford City splashing the cash

Salford City splashing the cash

Just flicking through the ‘news’, in my case sport, and I have come across Aberdeen moaning about how Scottish Premier League clubs should be able to compete with lowers League English sides. The article moves to the sale of Adam Rooney to Salford City on a reported wage of 4K a week!
    Does FFP not apply to non-league clubs?
    If someone a bit more tech savvy can post the link, it’s on the BBC website.

Not sure whether FFP applies at their level, but I would guess that with the sort of people backing them they could easily get around it if it did apply. It also says something about the standard of football in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44890774

FFP doesn't apply but it will in league 2 should they go up. That's want hindered Forest Green, they went up but wasn't able to reinforce as they were well above FFP and hence they struggled. Will happen with Salford as they have average attendances of 1,600 and that's with the whole BBC documentary as an advert as well