Hughie asked if there's a feeling in the city that Rafa going would be the final straw for some...and there definitely is. me and my mates have discussed it a lot and i know other groups of fans who have. But, as the very next post says, it won't happen...although I'd add the word 'probably[ because, at some stage, there will be a final straw for some fans and, given the regard in which Rafa is held, him going might be it.

I suppose that we'll only know if he does go...because fans won't know how they're going to react until it happens. I honestly don't.

Anyway, I know there's a split between those who think staying away is the answer and those who think it won't achieve anything...or who think that it might if enough stayed away but think that that won't happen.

I'm in that last group. If everyone stayed and stopped buying shirts, etc, away then Ashley would soon sell up, I think. And I would do it in a heartbeat if I thought enough fans were behind it. But, we know that isn't going to happen, it just isn't. Even if, say half the crowd-25,000, stayed away-and that would be a massive statement by the fans-nothing would change apart from the atmosphere being further eroded and the support to the team lessened. There are enough people who go who don't think it would work at all as well as the 'Ashley isn't going to force me out of the club I love' fans or the 'you can't turn your back on the club when it needs you' supporters. And that's not a dig, either, because there's probably part of that in all of us who still attend.

I'm certainly not going to criticise people for either choice because each fan has to do what they think is right. What I have noticed, though, is that despite us all wanting the best for the club, the only insults (apart from WUMs and their opinion doesn't count) I see are from the fans who stay away to the fans who still attend. Variously I've seen on Newcastleonline, the Chron comments and on here! us being called sheep, pathetic and loads worse...and I don't get that, tbh. I mean, ffs...aye, it's the fans that are the problem????

Staying away could work...but it would need to be just about everyone. Not wanting to give him any more money is something i can totally understand but, for me, it's not going to force him out. The pain of giving him my money is outweighed by all the reasons why I do still go.

As I say, each to their own. I back the decision of those like Mick who have chosen not to go. So for those who want to have a go at me (and others) for staying, you can fuck off.