+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    These young hungry player, if they are any good we can’t afford them, if they need coaching at the moment we have not got the time.Our priority is to stay up & in the championship you will not do it with just young hungry players.
    Like i said look at teams like Brentford and Preston. Most of Brentford players have come from lower leagues like Egan, Woods, Sawyers, Watkins and Rico Henry ect who are probably worth 10x the value they paid. They already sold on the likes of Scott Hogan for alot more than they actually paid and theres alot of other names which I've probably missed out aswell. Preston seem to have done the same thing but gone down the Ireland league route getting young players from there and turning out to be quality signings. You don't have to spend millions for these sort of players and they won't be on huge wages coming from lower divisions so we can afford to buy them and if they turn out to be good players then we are actually gaining money. As for the coaching side of things, they won't need much coaching if they have hidden talent it will come out natural.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Like i said look at teams like Brentford and Preston. Most of Brentford players have come from lower leagues like Egan, Woods, Sawyers, Watkins and Rico Henry ect who are probably worth 10x the value they paid. They already sold on the likes of Scott Hogan for alot more than they actually paid and theres alot of other names which I've probably missed out aswell. Preston seem to have done the same thing but gone down the Ireland league route getting young players from there and turning out to be quality signings. You don't have to spend millions for these sort of players and they won't be on huge wages coming from lower divisions so we can afford to buy them and if they turn out to be good players then we are actually gaining money. As for the coaching side of things, they won't need much coaching if they have hidden talent it will come out natural.
    but how long has it took Preston and Brentford to get this sort of team ??

I can imagine it hasn't been 1 pre season.

Jones seems a solid signing proven championship which we will need.

this young hungry championship quality squad unless your going to splash the cash will take some time to assemble.

Not sure what to make of this. We have signed a number of these "experienced" defenders over the past few years (Cummings, Wilson, that Swedish bloke) and they don't seem to work out. We have also played CB in the full back positions Broadfoot, Ajayi and Ihekwi (spelling).....they never seem to work.

I feel that the full back positions are better served in this era of football with pacey, athletic figures like Tavs and Emmanuel.

You can't rate Tavernier as a full back at this level. He can't defend to save his life.

I'm no premiere league manager but would you want your full backs bombing forward in the championship??

we are going to be one of the highest goal conceders as it stands

if we have a flat back four and leave the attacking to the midfielders and strikers and the defending to the defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I'm no premiere league manager but would you want your full backs bombing forward in the championship??

if we have a flat back four and leave the attacking to the midfielders and strikers and the defending to the defenders.
    Hope you're listening to this Mr Warne, because if you are not we are well and truly stuffed.

But are you any kind of league manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    But are you any kind of league manager?
    I am on the PlayStation managed to get man utd relegated

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Not sure what to make of this. We have signed a number of these "experienced" defenders over the past few years (Cummings, Wilson, that Swedish bloke) and they don't seem to work out. We have also played CB in the full back positions Broadfoot, Ajayi and Ihekwi (spelling).....they never seem to work.

I feel that the full back positions are better served in this era of football with pacey, athletic figures like Tavs and Emmanuel.
    Didn't Richard Brindley fit that mould? Admittedly the once I saw him play right back he did score but it was the 5 he played a part in conceding that were the problem.

I am on the PlayStation managed to get man utd relegated
    Well, that takes some doing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast