+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great Day ...best signing of the summer

Great Day ...best signing of the summer

Our most important signing this summer has now been made. Bradley Dack is a class act. Simple as that. We couldn't hope to buy anyone like that off the shelf.
    Fantastic effort by the club in tieing up one of the hottest properties around onto a long term deal.
    He is very important to our future.

And shows everyone in football how serious we are. No clubs will be coming in now to steal our best players.
    It was always about keeping the really strong core of players Mowbray has built up, together, alongside a few signings (perms) and quite a few loans.

Meanwhile our good youngsters also secured on long term deals, can continue to develop.

A cretin who doesn't understand football wouldn't understand all this. It would go his/her head.

Now to get some more signings through the door. And get the loans moving.

Its probably been our best summer for years upon years upon years.

Really looking forward to seeing what Brad and the lads can do in the Champ.

Well done everyone at Rovers for doing such hard work behind the scenes. A brilliant effort.

And another reminder to everyone (and the one cretin) that we could not ask for a better manager to keep driving us forward.

My phone has had a moment I will delete my thread on this
    Great bit of news,a key player this season in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    My phone has had a moment I will delete my thread on this
    Great bit of news,a key player this season in the championship.

Ah no worries, I think we posted at the same time.
    As we knew, the business will start to get done now. Loads of time.
    But this one is HUGE for us.

So now when Stoke come in on deadline day with a big offer to steal our best player, they will need to put at least another £10m ontop .......

Dack will be the scource of goals for us next season. And Armstrong once he is confirmed.

Armstrong is the one that will make a difference
    Not sure how you feel but we need at least 2 decent quality players at this level if not 3 otherwise it might be a long season
    No taking away this deal with dack was crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Armstrong is the one that will make a difference
    Not sure how you feel but we need at least 2 decent quality players at this level if not 3 otherwise it might be a long season
    No taking away this deal with dack was crucial.

Agreed. We do need maybe one or two more. I think we will get a few loan signings in, and Armstrong. It will all fall in place over the next week or so.

To show how long these things take, we have been discussing this with Dack and his agent since 8th of June when negotiations opened. It took a while. And that is for a guy who already plays for us, and is happy to stay.
    So deals take time to do. So much (hard)work is going on behind the scenes.

But yeah, lets try get Armstrong in now, things will start to happen now. We are no different to all the other clubs, who have also done no real business before now.

This IS really good news. One other aspect of it we need to think about: I wonder what valuation has been pegged to any "escape clause". I would guess it's at least 12 million - especially after he performed well against Liverpool.
    As for other imports, I'd love to see Armstrong, Gallagher and Chapman. To be honest, I am lukewarm, at best, about extra PL youth-players. Would they get in the team? If not, what's the point?
    Slightly different if one of them is instead of one the three mentioned. Otherwise, how good would the newcomer have to be to step in ahead of one of our seasoned seniors? I think about Hart and Harper, and I can't get excited.
    Champs - I know you think it's important to have the cover, but it can be taken too far. I see there is still talk of an extra keeper. Really? WHY?
    There are places with obvious gaps, but they are all up front now - as long as Bennett and Travis are trusted to cover Nyambe. Do we really need any more midfielders - a winger like Chapman excepted?

I've just looked at Transfermarkt. Dack is valued there at less than a million. Ludicrous!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)