+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jerry Yates gone on loan

He does have pace, Grist. Sadly you're right about everything else. Another of our former academy players, Ryan Taylor, took what seemed like an eternity to develop. I think he'd been a first team squad member for 5 or 6 years before he finally looked the part, and once he did, he was off. Yates has been there or thereabouts for around 4 years now and other than bulking up a little, looks no better or wiser than he did on his debut.

I suggested a while back that he might make a better midfielder than a striker, one that doesn't do much defending. But that's not an option anymore while we're in the championship.

Good luck to him anyway, I'm glad he's gone to a league club to get games.

I've thought he has looked decent on left side of midfield as well Hazza. He gets stuck in and can pass the ball and reads the game well. Not the quickest but certainly a trier.

If he could add goal scoring to his game he could make a very good player. He just seems to lack that goal scorers instinct of getting into those goal scoring positions at the right time. Lets hope he finds that skill at Carlisle.

Jerry will have known 1st team appearances would have been limited this season and last season.
    Good deal for both parties, hopefully gets some game time up at Carlisle.

Always remember the game back in January 2017, the one he scored in, the day after his Grandfather passed away,
    emotional day for him that particular day.

Good Luck Jerry Yates.

Looks like he’s scored in a friendly already

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I've thought he has looked decent on left side of midfield as well Hazza. He gets stuck in and can pass the ball and reads the game well. Not the quickest but certainly a trier.

If he could add goal scoring to his game he could make a very good player. He just seems to lack that goal scorers instinct of getting into those goal scoring positions at the right time. Lets hope he finds that skill at Carlisle.
    Hmm, bit of a drawback when you're supposed to be a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Looks like he’s scored in a friendly already
    and won/made/awarded a penalty when tripped in the box. no var to confirm

Going to be interesting if he scores at a simular rate to K Moore

Good luck to him!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123