+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patching

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    You could have asked the same about Kasper Schmeichel, he turned out not bad despite his trip down here.

If the story is to be believed then Patching turned down Derby and West Brom offers to end up here.
    Kasper came for the non existent munto money. I can't believe he would turn down Derby or WBA and the money they would be able to offer for us. If he did and he was my lad, I would give him a clip around the ear .

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Kasper came for the non existent munto money. I can't believe he would turn down Derby or WBA and the money they would be able to offer for us. If he did and he was my lad, I would give him a clip around the ear .
    Who says they would have offered him more money? We may have offered him more than they were willing to pay, they wouldn't need to offer him as much due to the league they're in and who they are. We could have offered him slightly more and a much easier path to first team football, all be it at a lower level. Not sure if Derby were in for him this summer but they had practically signed him last January when Patching decided against the move.

As for Kasper, he'd been out on loan from Man City all over the place, he had a much bigger profile than Patching due to his father but I think the big contract was an added bonus to getting proper first team football and he'd also worked with Sven before. If the money meant so much he wouldn't have agreed to just rip up his 5 year contract when he left us.

As for Kasper, he'd been out on loan from Man City all over the place.

Ahh, memories!!! Kasper played for Bury in that never to be forgotten game of the 2005/6 season when we retained league status on the last day. I remember shaking his hand as he left the pitch and saying "well played" in sheer relief that we had survived, never dreaming he would ever wear a Notts shirt. If anyone is tempted to moan about the squad we have now, just look at the team we had that day:

Kevin Pilkington
    Robert Ullathorne
    Eugene Dadi
    Julien Baudet
    David Pipe
    Chris Palmer
    Nathan Doyle
    Steve Scoffham
    Daniel Martin
    Mike Edwards
    Liam Needham
    Subs
    Shaun Marshall
    Daniel Chillingworth
    Brian O'Callaghan
    Stef Frost
    Lewis McMahon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ahh, memories!!! Kasper played for Bury in that never to be forgotten game of the 2005/6 season when we retained league status on the last day. I remember shaking his hand as he left the pitch and saying "well played" in sheer relief that we had survived, never dreaming he would ever wear a Notts shirt. If anyone is tempted to moan about the squad we have now, just look at the team we had that day:

Kevin Pilkington
    Robert Ullathorne
    Eugene Dadi
    Julien Baudet
    David Pipe
    Chris Palmer
    Nathan Doyle
    Steve Scoffham
    Daniel Martin
    Mike Edwards
    Liam Needham
    Subs
    Shaun Marshall
    Daniel Chillingworth
    Brian O'Callaghan
    Stef Frost
    Lewis McMahon

Mike Edwards?? Whatever happened to him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it mentioned that Michael Owen is Patching's agent and he advised him that the best thing for his career was to prove himself by playing regular lower league footy, rather than stagnate in a Champ reserve side. Only time will tell if he can prove himself worthy of a first team shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Robert Ullathorne
    Julien Baudet
    David Pipe
    Chris Palmer
    Mike Edwards
    At least there's a couple of decent players in that squad, I'm sure you could find worse. (I only include Ullathorne because he was a nice chap when I did work experience at Notts)

Who says they would have offered him more money? We may have offered him more than they were willing to pay, they wouldn't need to offer him as much due to the league they're in and who they are. We could have offered him slightly more and a much easier path to first team football, all be it at a lower level. Not sure if Derby were in for him this summer but they had practically signed him last January when Patching decided against the move.

As for Kasper, he'd been out on loan from Man City all over the place, he had a much bigger profile than Patching due to his father but I think the big contract was an added bonus to getting proper first team football and he'd also worked with Sven before. If the money meant so much he wouldn't have agreed to just rip up his 5 year contract when he left us.
    Thanks, I see things a lot clearer now.

Are Patching and Crawford this seasons Saunders and Hodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Are Patching and Crawford this seasons Saunders and Hodge?
    I think that's a bit misleading, whilst they are ones for the future. I fully expect them to be be in the first team 11 quite a bit towards the end of the season, if not earlier. I've not seen Patching, but Crawford looked impressive, along side Vaughan he'd be great

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think that's a bit misleading, whilst they are ones for the future. I fully expect them to be be in the first team 11 quite a bit towards the end of the season, if not earlier. I've not seen Patching, but Crawford looked impressive, along side Vaughan he'd be great
    Agree, they will play most of their football with the reserves/development squad this season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast