+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patching

This is what KN said when he signed:

“But there’s certainly no rush. This is something of a medium – long-term project.

“We’re not looking for him to be brilliant by January – he’s a player for the future of the club. He needs time and patience – we’re not putting him under any pressure to produce immediately.

So it's no big deal that he's taking some time to be ready. I would be more concerned that there's no obvious plan for how to gel the other new signings into the team.

Errrm "no plan to gel with the other players"

I've always believed that pre season training and normal training in the week, as well as game time has been the way players gel with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    This is what KN said when he signed:

“But there’s certainly no rush. This is something of a medium – long-term project.

“We’re not looking for him to be brilliant by January – he’s a player for the future of the club. He needs time and patience – we’re not putting him under any pressure to produce immediately.

So it's no big deal that he's taking some time to be ready. I would be more concerned that there's no obvious plan for how to gel the other new signings into the team.
    I've become cynical about statements like this. Too often, the most we see of these "ones for the future" is their picture in the player sponsor pages of the programme, and then they're quietly released in a year's time. I sincerely hope that isn't the case with Patching, because we can't afford to be carrying players the manager dare not use.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've become cynical about statements like this. Too often, the most we see of these "ones for the future" is their picture in the player sponsor pages of the programme, and then they're quietly released in a year's time. I sincerely hope that isn't the case with Patching, because we can't afford to be carrying players the manager dare not use.
    I thought both Crawford and Patching had been given two year deals - which seems to indicate that they will be given at least that long to establish themselves as first team players.

I have said before about the recruitment under KN. Last season was all about consolidation (we exceeded that) and the proof was in the signings, the retained list and the fact KN got in people he could trust (some on here call them his mates). This season has a more measured look about it, players have been scouted properly, if someone has caught the eye against us (the Ox) we have monitored that player properly. Players that we missed out on (Thomas) we have monitored, and if like he did, became available we have signed.
    The young lads Patching and Crawford are not names that have been plucked out of a hat like Hodge etc... these lads have the potential to have good careers, this is a starting point for them (and us), throw in to the mix Dengde He (spelt wrong), Husin and Elliott who all have immense potential in our midfield and can take Notts forward.
    Not all of these lads will establish themselves immediately in the first 11, we have to be patient and trust in KN and the coaching staff. Exciting times ahead me thinks.
    The future is bright, the future is black n white.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I have said before about the recruitment under KN. Last season was all about consolidation (we exceeded that) and the proof was in the signings, the retained list and the fact KN got in people he could trust (some on here call them his mates). This season has a more measured look about it, players have been scouted properly, if someone has caught the eye against us (the Ox) we have monitored that player properly. Players that we missed out on (Thomas) we have monitored, and if like he did, became available we have signed.
    The young lads Patching and Crawford are not names that have been plucked out of a hat like Hodge etc... these lads have the potential to have good careers, this is a starting point for them (and us), throw in to the mix Dengde He (spelt wrong), Husin and Elliott who all have immense potential in our midfield and can take Notts forward.
    Not all of these lads will establish themselves immediately in the first 11, we have to be patient and trust in KN and the coaching staff. Exciting times ahead me thinks.
    The future is bright, the future is black n white.
    That is certainly the scenario that we would like to envisage. I think you are probably right about the recruitment policy & I hope that all goes according to plan. i'd like to see at least one of Patching or Crawford establishing themselves alongside Vaughan tbh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123