+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hungary friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And isn't that an absolute disgrace for a start Animal, that all that money we've made on our best player sales in the last 5 years etc.. its apparently all gone now. So does that really mean we're 'skint' and back to basic penny pinching again. I could go off at great length here about how angry this makes me feel as a fan, but its best not to and in fairness I & none of us are really in touch with the facts here, are we ?.

Ive got my hopes that this will be a good season for us, or a better season at least than what we've been used to and whether that means top half, or play even offs etc, lets see eh. I was being a bit over sarcy when I said the season is over already, and I was referring to us trying to play those two poor players in an important part of the team where we need to sign somebody.

Hopefully Daniel (Mr Stendel of course, not Mr Wilson, lol) will have a good idea already of who he rates and doesnt rate for the season ahead, and maybe a couple of decent season long or half season long loan deals are about to happen.
    Oh I don't know acido about that , apparently the events of the last 19 months get you a ticket in to the new hall of fame .

Tha couldn't make it up .

I don't know what you mean there kid lol, and tbh Ive not looked at or showed much interest at all to be honest, in this new BFC 'Hall of fame'.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know what you mean there kid lol, and tbh Ive not looked at or showed much interest at all to be honest, in this new BFC 'Hall of fame'.
    Something the club have rolled out this sumner to honour the people who have left their mark on the club , arguably that can also work two ways .

I don't hold the popular view on this board with regards to the previous owner , he may have 90% of folk under his spell but he never convinced me .

The late Earnest Dennis also kept this club in business in 1966 , he also made the greatest managerial appointment in the club's history in 1978 .

His son John oversaw the greatest period in the club's history delivered PL football , totally rebuilt the stadium and academy and walked away from this club with barely the shirt on his back .

And yet ........

As I said earlier you couldn't make it up acido .

Hey, I bet we could all chat and argue about this for years because I can't see us changing our selling policy anytime soon!.
    Last edited by Acido; 22-07-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Something the club have rolled out this sumner to honour the people who have left their mark on the club , arguably that can also work two ways .

I don't hold the popular view on this board with regards to the previous owner , he may have 90% of folk under his spell but he never convinced me .

The late Earnest Dennis also kept this club in business in 1966 , he also made the greatest managerial appointment in the club's history in 1978 .

His son John oversaw the greatest period in the club's history delivered PL football , totally rebuilt the stadium and academy and walked away from this club with barely the shirt on his back .

And yet ........

As I said earlier you couldn't make it up acido .
    Agree with most of this, I respect and acknowledge PC stepping in and keeping the club going during his tenure, but I would argue Earnest and John did the exact same thing just in a different way and different era.
    They didn’t have millions of spare cash to hand, they had to run it in a proper way, day by day, season by season, generating cash and recycling back through the club and would argue given the financial conditions of the country back then was some achievement to not only do that but gradually improve our lot with some footballing success, some great players and an improved stadium beyond recognition.
    As a I said on another forum Insuspect PC inclusion is down to timing more than anything.

I'm still out of where the money of ALL the multi millions made on the load of transfers that's happened.Roughly they have spent and I'm being generous 15 million on recruitment and wages and having 10-13000 gates last 3 or 4 seasons it was obvious that PC wouldn't be out of pocket for his personal contribution he was a business man same as what we have now I will wait until the the clubs accounts are disclosed

The days of the local fruit and veg man or the local fan made good in IT as owners is gone. What we need are some multi billionaire overseas investors to put some serious money into the club. Give them a couple of transfer windows and it's Go Barnsley. Thee watch, we'll ev aar name up in leets in Time Square, New York.

Is this "Hall of Fame" a one-off or do they add to it year by year ? Do fans get to vote who is innit ? I agree the Dennis lads should be in if Cryne is in.

I believe there was a fan on the board that selected, Rimmo, Rev and PC I believe weren’t up for discussion, Murphy was agreed by group, Ronnie in a secret ballot by group and I believe you can vote for one more via the website.
    Board was: - Robert Zuk, Bobby Hassell, Grenville Firth, David Wood, Andrew Wilson, Paul Hicks and Doug O’Kane
    Last edited by lk311; 22-07-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123