+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hungary friendly

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not too bothered about Bradshaw , he's alright and probably decent in league one , it's not like losing Winnall though in my opinion and if he wants away then how bothered is he ?

Hopefully if we can get close to a million quid for him then possibly it will fund a decent loan replacement who wants to be here .

My eyes are wide open where we stand as a club , the books need to be balanced , the respective wealth of the ownership is not relative .

The business has to stand on it's own two feet and our expectations need to mirror that no matter how hard that is to absorb .

There'll be some disappointed fans then. Personally, I've learned to accept the fact that the club has to stand on its own two feet since Jan '17. My expectations after that particular month were never unrealistic and remain so to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    There'll be some disappointed fans then. Personally, I've learned to accept the fact that the club has to stand on its own two feet since Jan '17. My expectations after that particular month were never unrealistic and remain so to this day.
    I think the new coach maybe a huge factor here , I could be completely wide of the mark of course but my own opinion is he will be ok .

This isn't just another job like the last clown , he's plenty to prove himself but his track record is credible and he's come over here to enhance his own credentials .

Nobody has left the club this summer who really hurts us .

With the squad we have top 6 is more than achievable and let's see where we are in January .
    Am I completely happy no I'm not but let's just see how it goes early to mid season .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    True but I assume there'll be a key departure from the squad in the next 2 weeks leaving us short in the striking department. Hope I'm totally wrong but I think we are starting to get the picture about what direction the consortium are heading in with their investment. I'll stick my neck art and say 12th next season.
    Really don't quite follow why a consortium whose main invester is worth 20bn is interested in making relatively tiny profits with a club like Barnsley.
    Surely the only way to make the sort of money that would even raise Mr. Chiens eyebrow would be to get them in to the Premiership.
    Anybody agree or can explain?

The question of "Why Barnsley FC ?" still hangs in the air Jonners and I've not read a logical explanation yet.

That's why I spent/ spend a bit of time looking at what they are up to at OGC Nice, which they bought a year or two before us. They seem to have little interest in the football side of things as long as the club(s) break even financially each year. They have let OGC Nice run down from the Champions League side they inherited to also rans with no European interest and a sale of their best players with little or no interest or intervention from them. In their shorter time at Barnsley their has been no comment from them despite a relegation.
    One day their motives may become clear.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The season is over in July ?
    Interesting !!
    Clearly the last time we were at this level hasn't registered with you then . Thought we might have moved on from the knee jerk reactions by now given the length of time you've followed the club .
    Its important for us that we get a decent defensive ball winning/holding midfielder, and maybe its the only signing we need to make.
    But the owners are still refusing to do anything about it and we're having to resort to sticking our two failed wing backs in there instead,
    This ts not a simple knee jerk reaction, but it is a very underwhelming feeling Ive got right now with these owners and their attitude.
    Last edited by Acido; 21-07-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    Really don't quite follow why a consortium whose main invester is worth 20bn is interested in making relatively tiny profits with a club like Barnsley.
    Surely the only way to make the sort of money that would even raise Mr. Chiens eyebrow would be to get them in to the Premiership.
    Anybody agree or can explain?
    I can't understand why either. Surely the goal is top flight football otherwise what is the point? In fairness to the consortium they categorically said they weren't chucking money at it. They also said that they were here long term.

Patience is obviously the key here. However, football is like any other business, you have to speculate to accumulate. If they are under the illusion that they'll succeed with the minimum amount of investment, constantly selling on any valuable players we have then the odds strongly suggest that they'll fail. Theres no magic formula, never has been. Maybe they need to wake up to that fact

Based on York and Salford games quite obvious to me that both Fryers and Pinillos not even league 1 standard any position

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its important for us that we get a decent defensive ball winning/holding midfielder, and maybe its the only signing we need to make.
    But the owners are still refusing to do anything about it and we're having to resort to sticking our two failed wing backs in there instead,
    This ts not a simple knee jerk reaction, but it is a very underwhelming feeling Ive got right now with these owners and their attitude.
    Isn't the point of pre season games to try different things and see how it works out ?

The club are £6m down on income due to relegation and as far as I can see there's nothing left in the bank from the player sales we saw under the previous ownership .

It's pretty clear the new ownership will not fund the business with cash injections and it has to stand on it's own two feet .

That's the reality of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Based on York and Salford games quite obvious to me that both Fryers and Pinillos not even league 1 standard any position
    Ive never rated Fryers , as for Pinillos i think he could become a decent player for us , lots of competition down theer for fullbacks / attacking defenders , up to them players nar

And isn't that an absolute disgrace for a start Animal, that all that money we've made on our best player sales in the last 5 years etc.. its apparently all gone now. So does that really mean we're 'skint' and back to basic penny pinching again. I could go off at great length here about how angry this makes me feel as a fan, but its best not to and in fairness I & none of us are really in touch with the facts here, are we ?.

Ive got my hopes that this will be a good season for us, or a better season at least than what we've been used to and whether that means top half, or play even offs etc, lets see eh. I was being a bit over sarcy when I said the season is over already, and I was referring to us trying to play those two poor players in an important part of the team where we need to sign somebody.

Hopefully Daniel (Mr Stendel of course, not Mr Wilson, lol) will have a good idea already of who he rates and doesnt rate for the season ahead, and maybe a couple of decent season long or half season long loan deals are about to happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast