+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: adam armstrong

adam armstrong

looks like newcastle prepared to let him go for 3m be a good next best option if we cant land waghorn young enough and plenty of pace and would get goals in our set up

TWIRLO - is Armstrong one of those we're in for?

He seems the best gamble and investment out of all the possible striker options.

In the last 3 seasons he's played around 120 games - averaging 40 a season. So no fitness issues whatsoever, and he shouldn't have lost any of that pace. Plenty of games under his belt, plenty of time to develop.

He has that trickery and craft that I repeatedly said we were missing last season at the top of the pitch. I like strikers who can get the ball and make things happen and he can do that.

Versatility is also a strength of his - he can play anywhere across attacking midfield, especially left wing.

And if he wasn't breaking into our team we could easily loan him to L1 where he'd tear it up, at least maintain his value and continue developing.

I'd really like us to sign Armstrong, Gallagher and McGoldrick. What a strikeforce that'd give us.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    looks like newcastle prepared to let him go for 3m be a good next best option if we cant land waghorn young enough and plenty of pace and would get goals in our set up
    Where ya seen that mate? UTCB

on s2 from a daily paper he would definetly be one to consider and im sure he will have been on chris's list of 14 got good pace and scored plenty on loan in league 1 didnt do as much at barnsley or bolton but both those were poor sides could well see him being a tufty type of player although i still think waghorn and gallagher are our 2 main targets utb ftp

The lad played in our u-13 cricket team. Excellent player but of course he wasn't interested in cricket. Would love to see him sign for the Blades.

could be one under the radar this one although looking doubtful if waghorn signs but if billy goes out on loan who knows

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    could be one under the radar this one although looking doubtful if waghorn signs but if billy goes out on loan who knows
    If twirlo is right, one more after Waghorn, then I think it will be Woodburn, as he is the cheapest option and I think we'll have blown our budget with Egan and Waggy

yeah looks like that 58 could be heading for an exciting season utb ftp

Waghorn and McGoldrick signing = no Armstrong unfortunately.

Any other striker would be a target man.

well herbie twirls saying only 1 more to come has to be woodburn but still wouldnt be suprised if chris has a target man up his sleeve