+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Apathy setting in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have a "gentleman's agreement" on here OC regarding how we conduct our arguments and debates.

As you well know, everyone and anyone is welcome on this forum, but just keep it polite and treat everyone with RESPECT.

Terrier Taxis is fuelled up and ready to go, I believe inbounds are imminent and if I think the ticket allocation for Aberdeen was bollox willyeck, I am going to bloody well say so!
    I’m sorry but I don’t see what’s upset you, dummies and pram was a fair analogy of what some were talking of doing and surely isn’t offensive, suggesting taking a taxi was funny to me. But my taxi business isn’t under threat. Lol or have I missed something.

Free Willy to say what he thinks. Nice to see some new blood and thoughts on here especially ones that focus on the club.

More importantly this is what SD thinks...

“First things first, we have to get some players in, because we are definitely short at the moment,” said Dyche. “Once we get the first targets in we can think about bulking up the squad with players who can help us. But patience is a mindset in this part of the world.”

More importantly this is what SD thinks...

“First things first, we have to get some players in, because we are definitely short at the moment,” said Dyche. “Once we get the first targets in we can think about bulking up the squad with players who can help us. But patience is a mindset in this part of the world.”
    A man after my own heart. People just don't have patience any more in our 'instant society'

I look at wedding present lists that we are given these days with washing machines, fridge/freezers, tumble dryers etc.and I think back to my own wedding when we were more than pleased to receive a set of pans, towels, bedding etc. and had to save up to get these things which people just list as expectation these days.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I’m sorry but I don’t see what’s upset you, dummies and pram was a fair analogy of what some were talking of doing and surely isn’t offensive, suggesting taking a taxi was funny to me. But my taxi business isn’t under threat. Lol or have I missed something.

Free Willy to say what he thinks. Nice to see some new blood and thoughts on here especially ones that focus on the club.
    It was meant to be sarcastic, not aggressive as suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Not like you to issue threats Sinkov. He’s a new poster and we should welcome his views not try to frighten him off. I thought his comments were fair enough he just needed a smiley on the taxis comment which I took was meant tongue in cheek.
    It sounds like you are giving up on us which would equally be a shame especially as we haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet to find out if the club needs anyone else.
    We need more posters on here to add to our debates so keep it up Willy and Sinkov

I'm not issuing threats OC, far from it. I can remember Primitive refusing to back down when he was advised to calm down, I pleaded with him to listen and draw his neck in, but he wouldn't. You don't see Prim posting on here now. I was just pointing out to our new poster that Alto, for it was he issuing the 'threat' if anyone was, wasn't joking. Anyone and everyone is welcome to post, but if you don't abide by the rules, unwritten though they may be, you're likely to 'disappear', as did Prim. That's all I'm saying.

I am going to bloody well say so!
    Stop swearing, children might read this msgboard !!

That long running spat of yours with Primitive sinkov just got out of hand.

Fair warnings were given, but in the end they were not heeded and off he jolly well went.

Everybody has played really nicely since then.

Me and Prim used to disagree BT, we could get quite stroppy with each other, but I think it was Alto he really had his knife into, and just wouldn't back off. I really did try to persuade him to see sense, but he wouldn't listen, wasn't interested.

I can't see how anyone can be criticised for being honest and speaking their mind - as long as we are treated with respect.

I have been watching the Clarets since 1962 and I will always be a fan.

But there have been times when going to matches wasn't top of my agenda - for various reasons. During parts of the 70's and 90's there were times when I hardly went to any games at all, but I always looked out for them.

I now live in Morecambe and me and my wife have to spend a lot of time looking after my Dad and her Mum and so watching footy is a fairly low priority for us (she is a Man Utd supporter). I think I managed 4 games last season.

It is sometimes frustrating when we don't make early signings etc. but I have learnt to trust our manager and board to do the right thing for the club and we have absolutely nothing to complain about at the moment.

I must admit that deep down I feel that we are playing at a level which is higher than we can sustain and this gives me an uneasy feeling that it will all fall apart soon. But this also makes me appreciate every good result we achieve even more.

The style of footy has not been scintillating but we are still evolving. There was a great spell last Autumn when we were playing some superb stuff before injuries to key players kicked in.

There is also the feeling that finishing 7th is as good as it can possibly get, and the prospect of every season becoming a fight for survival is not very exciting.

But footy is full of surprises and who knows what the future holds?

Onwards and Upwards!

There's a big piece on Dyche in the Sunday Times this morning 59/60, where he admits that 7th is the highest we can really expect, it's like a glass ceiling for us, not impossible to break through, but not very likely.

He also says on the prospect of being sacked,

"My day will come, I know it will come, not because I'm good, bad, or indifferent, just because that's the nature of football. They used to say 'He's unsackable'. That went years ago didn't it.

I think he underestimates the strength of his position at Burnley though, he's about as unsackable as it's possible to be in the modern football era.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)