+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Apathy setting in.

I am very encouraged by that quote Sinkov.

We have read rumours that he is frustrated that the board are not supporting him - these rumours seem to surface during every transfer window.

But he seems to be part of a very rare breed who totally understand the challenges for a club the size of Burnley and is fully signed up to the project.

By saying that he accepts that one day he will be sacked seems to me to indicate that he is planning to stay at Burnley longer than I expected.

However, if a big club did express an interest I am certain that one day he will move on.

But who? I can't see one of the big 6 making a move for him for a few years yet and I don't think he would be interested in moving abroad.

But...footy is full of surprises.

As I said before, Sean Dyche understands the economics of a club like Burnley and knows the necessary restrictions under which he works.
    He is also very astute in that he appreciates the fickle world of football, after all, didn't he guide Watford to their highest finish in years and ended up getting the sack because of the change of ownership so he knows that nothing is for ever!

He is doing a job that he obviously loves and is getting a decent salary for doing it ----and he earns his money, of that I have no doubt.
    As far as signing players is concerned, he must get frustrated but is that with the negotiations at our end or the delaying tactics of agents and other clubs ---who knows? I really think that the transfer window has been a bad thing as far as football is concerned, however, it isn't going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm not issuing threats OC, far from it. I can remember Primitive refusing to back down when he was advised to calm down, I pleaded with him to listen and draw his neck in, but he wouldn't. You don't see Prim posting on here now. I was just pointing out to our new poster that Alto, for it was he issuing the 'threat' if anyone was, wasn't joking. Anyone and everyone is welcome to post, but if you don't abide by the rules, unwritten though they may be, you're likely to 'disappear', as did Prim. That's all I'm saying.
    I still don’t know what Willy did wrong, sarcasm is allowed surely. Is it he is a new poster making such comments. I doubt had I said that with a smiley if any feathers would be ruffled.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I still don’t know what Willy did wrong, sarcasm is allowed surely. Is it he is a new poster making such comments. I doubt had I said that with a smiley if any feathers would be ruffled.
    That's the problem with messageboards, they have little groups and if they don't like someone, or don't like what is said they let it be known. I read most of the burnley ones, but very rarely join in, I Carnt see that changing anytime soon if iam honest

No problem on here Willy!

We all argue with each other but we are all best mates really

Quote Originally Posted by willyeck View Post
    That's the problem with messageboards, they have little groups and if they don't like someone, or don't like what is said they let it be known. I read most of the burnley ones, but very rarely join in, I Carnt see that changing anytime soon if iam honest
    Willy
    Glad you joined in and You’re very welcome here, we need fresh pairs of eyes and new ideas. As59 says there’s lots of topics we don’t agree on, especially political ones, but we’re all behind Burnley ... unless apathy sets in for some. We do like an odd whinge mind, as you get older the more whingier you feel.
    There can’t be many happy clappy Clarets even though we were 7th last year and are in Europe for the first time in nearly 50 years.
    You can’t please all the people all the time!!

Willy
    Glad you joined in and You’re very welcome here, we need fresh pairs of eyes and new ideas. As59 says there’s lots of topics we don’t agree on, especially political ones, but we’re all behind Burnley ... unless apathy sets in for some. We do like an odd whinge mind, as you get older the more whingier you feel.
    There can’t be many happy clappy Clarets even though we were 7th last year and are in Europe for the first time in nearly 50 years.
    You can’t please all the people all the time!!
    Having had the best season for many years, I couldn't keep quiet when people started moaning almost as soon as the last game finished
    They moan about Aberdeen tickets, yet most of those who wanted one got one, nobody came up with a better option to the points system, someone on here suggested putting them on open sale and let people queue up outside the club for them. I did that in the 60s and 70s, I thought we'd moved on since then.

They moan about lack of signings, yet in the same breath say we need to progress, to do that we need to sign better players, and guess what, other clubs want those players, their clubs don't want to sell them, hence it takes time. Not everything is right at the club, but most of it is, or at least as good as it can be, but it just seems fashionable to sit at a keyboard and slag the club off.

Drama queens OC, he called us drama queens FFS. I don't know why he's still posting on here. The mods have gone all soft. Feck it, I'm going out.

Quote Originally Posted by willyeck View Post
    Hmmm, if there are little groups or cliques on here Willy, I don't know who's in them. From my experience most posters are trying to kick three bags of **** out of each other most of time, we just try to keep it polite as far as possible. If I'm in a group/clique I wish the other members would let me know who they are, I could do with some friends. Sometimes other posters agree with me, often they imply I'm an ignorant gob****e. And who am I to say they're wrong ?

No argument from me sinkov!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)