+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apathy setting in.

Apathy setting in.

I was intending to go to Curzon Ashton last night, but as the week went on I got less and less enthusiastic about the idea. No possibilty of a ticket for Aberdeen, no indication that I'd be able to see the game on TV, no new signings, not even on the horizon, meant by Friday tea time no enthusiasm for a trip over Manchester way either, and I said feck it, I can't be arsed.

I gave up my ST last season, I've bought one every season I've been in this area since BK started putting money into the club, but last season, not really liking PL football, I decided to pick and choose my games. I was surprised at how few I chose to go to. From about 30 in our last promotion season to about ten last season. I'm not particularly looking forward to next season so I imagine I might be going on even less.

One reason I bought a ST was because I thought the club needed my money, it was my way of helping, if Kilby was prepared to put his money into the club, then I'd do my little bit as well. They don't need my money any more though do they, gate money is now a tiny % of turnover, it really doesn't matter to them financially if I don't buy a ST any more, it wouldn't matter much if no one did, they'd hardly miss the £6m or so.

So apathy has set in as far as watching the Clarets go, I've got my ST for Clitheroe, they really do need my money, this afternoon I'm off to Hyde for a pre-season friendly, and I expect to get value from my Clitheroe ST this season. It's sad in a way, I've been a Burnley fan all my life, but since Eddie Howe scrapped the reserve team and banished the youth team to Gawthorpe, forcing me to watch non league if I wanted to see two live games a week, I've found I prefer watching non league football more and more, and as I only watch football because I enjoy it, non league it's going to be for much of this season.

6000 points now needed to get first dibs on away games. Farcical EUFA ticket allocation. Pretty much agree with you sinkov, for now Burnley Football Club do not need our money. Sad but true.

I will continue to go with my son and grandson to Turf Moor, but I will not be spending again the £3500 plus that went out of the family budget following the Clarets on their travels last season.

I have never appreciated having my nose rubbed in the brown stuff and that's what Burnley are now doing with their own fans.

To be fair UEFA rules have caused the Aberdeen situation and we are UEFA virgins. They should have given us more tickets, we should have given them more as it seems both sets of home fans are slow on the uptake.
    I wonder if the club should ask for more away tickets, I think we have to pay up front, so some prebooking system might help the club know who wants to go.

Burnley make no profit from the sale of away tickets and run the risk of losing money if they take up an allocation and don't sell them.

Dave Baldwin does not do "risk" and really does not care whether Burnley fans travel or not.

Although I cannot go to watch the games like many on here even from afar apathy is setting in with me as well Sinkov so I can thoroughly understand your post.The club is literally rolling in money and they refuse to open the coffers in order to offer Sean a chance of staying where we are or improving on last season.
    In a way last season was a bit of a fluke as we caught a lot of teams off guard or happened to play them when they were not on form for various reasons.There were also lots of games with just one goal difference in our favour.The stars wont align again for us like last season so we need to strengthen just to stay where we are in my opinion and it is not going to happen.SD has worked wonders and has unrivalled job security but I bet he wants to test himself with real financial backing to get the players he would like and try to mould a team which could compete against the top six and he deserves that opportunity.Sadly with BFC it is not going to happen and he will be leaving I feel sooner rather than later.Then BFC will be in trouble-and I do not mean financially.

Unfortunately, this is what the Premier League has done to many long-standing fans. We, as a club, are getting the money and this has been used to improve the infrastructure of the club, particularly the development at Gawthorpe which was very much needed.
    Necessary work has been done at the ground, including the floodlights which had to be done to stick to PL regulations, however, the ordinary fan who has been going to the Turf for years perhaps does not feel as much a part of the club as he used to do.

I never go to friendly matches because, living at least over 100 miles from the Turf since 1966, I just can't justify the expense for a game which means nothing.
    I never get uptight about away tickets because I can get them from the home clubs in the main because of my location and I still go to support my team --even if it is quietly at the away games.

I attend a lot of football at all levels and always enjoy watching the games at non-league and junior levels, probably more than watching PL games. If it is a choice between watching a non-Burnley PL game on TV or watching a Rugby League game I always chose the Rugby League so I guess that I have become quite disillusioned with the PL but I just can't stop watching the Clarets and now that I am back on the road again I am looking forward to this coming season no matter what.

Well at least you have comfort from the knowledge that your seat will go to someone who wants to be there to support the team.

How is your nose being rubbed into the Brown stuff???

It's been discussed at length before jonjack.

It could be worse --we could support Newcastle who do have an owner with a fair wadge of readies and is still upsetting his manager.
    Fans are saying that if Rafa goes then they will also go. Mister Ashley seems really worried about this and is telling Rafa that he must get rid of some players to fund any purchases. Oh the joys of the Premier League!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)