+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match day prices

Match day prices

£20-£27 daylight robbery for pub lg and you can go in North stand

If a dint evva Old Git's Early Bird Season Ticket a wunt gu.

Fo £25 to £27 tha can get a lovely bottle of single malt like Cardhu Golden Reserve on offer at Tesco at £26 to provide mooar hours of pleasure than freezing thi b0ll0cks off in Oakwell fo two hours in winter often watching sh1te.

I'll do what I've done last few seasons and pick mi games, last year was more about coming home and seeing old friends than being entertained by what was happening on the pitch. If I'm not entertained I won't come, simple as.
    That having been said I'm off to the Hull game next Saturday to watch with interest this new style of football our european coach was allegedly sought out to bring to Oakwell.
    The cynic in me thinks he's here because he was available, cheap, and will do as he's told being happy to be given the opportunity.
    Just like Animal, for me the jury is out until I've seen a ball kicked in anger.

One things for sure, (in my opinion anyway) the consortium have shown their intent, or lack of, in respect of furthering our club evidenced by the last two managerial appointments.

Twenty's plenty.

I don’t think £23 is bad. It always comes down to a very simple choice, go or don’t. Fairly simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I don’t think £23 is bad. It always comes down to a very simple choice, go or don’t. Fairly simple really.

Correct

Difference is it's not encouraging fans who are undecided and comparing the ticket price to what they could do as an alternative to buying one

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    its not the case that £23 / £25 early bird price is a bad price its the fact that its gone up when we got relegated i think if they had froze the price it may have been more palatable.
    i haven't bothered this season with the season tickets so i will be picking and choosing my games but i hope to get to a few more away games.

£25 on the day is pathetic for League 1. Me n' Laura took advantage of the early bird season ticket offer on finance. It's a good job the club have sold over 8000 season tickets because I can't see crowds above 11000 next season. I'd have gone with £18 and £20 on day regardless of where you sit. That's still £5 or £7 more than season ticket prices.

I can remember paying £30 under the previous owner around the time Robins was in charge .

There were no categorising of games either , straight £30 .

If we see a reduction in match day prices are we also willing to accept a lowering of the budget ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast