+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game today

Tough watching the second half today. Thought first half we actually played a lot of good stuff in spells. Barton gave us control in the midfield and we kept the ball well whilst looking dangerous. We seemed to stop playing in the second half, Barton dropped out of the game and aside from Declan Glass providing some brightness there was little to enjoy.

Losing is a habit and one we need to break quickly otherwise hanging on and hoping for penalties against the likes of Alloa will become the norm. Reminds me of the relegation season where we consistently lost from winning positions

By nature I am an optimist though and will remain hopeful that the team will gel. I get the frustration many have with the manager, I will however give the players in the squad plenty of time and support. They have certainly not had long enough to prove their worth. Think our squad may actually prove to be better than many think.

Bring on the league!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Totally agree regarding budget, and although emotions are running high I doubt very much if MM will do a u turn on his recent backing of csaba being the man to get us up, he is here to stay for the foreseeable future or MM will have egg all over his face, That said 2 points from 9 after 2 home games against very poor teams we would have slaughtered a couple of years ago tells me this season and next is going to ruin my beloved Dundee United, we don't have a good squad, we don't have any more money, we don't have any forthcoming investment, but what we do have is the best loyal supporters ever, off to get rid of the pain of today now.

No one cares about MM having to do a uturn, he will get more respect for doing what right for the club, players and fans by pulling the trigger and getting someone in with a clue who can get the most out of the squad available, I've no doubt any half decent manager would do better, very someone in like a Hopkins, Houston or Neilson, they can organise and also get the players playing for them which in turn will galvanise us all

Otherwise the atmosphere will turn much more toxic than it is now with more fans at lesgue games than these last two

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    No one cares about MM having to do a uturn
    Well technically Shedka I guess he wouldn't be, as iirc he said that CL would be in charge 'at the beginning of next season'. So, he wouldn't have lied if he did sack him now. Technically speaking of course.

agree Shedka - we would see it as strength and living to the promise of not rewarding failure. This isnt just guesswork Csaba will have us in bottom 4 in no time

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    Decided like just about everybody not to go.

BBC open all Mics from Tannadice.

They think Shabba will be gone......soon, as the fans are voting with their feet. They are genuinely shocked at how bad the atmosphere is at the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Tough watching the second half today. Thought first half we actually played a lot of good stuff in spells. Barton gave us control in the midfield and we kept the ball well whilst looking dangerous. We seemed to stop playing in the second half, Barton dropped out of the game and aside from Declan Glass providing some brightness there was little to enjoy.

Losing is a habit and one we need to break quickly otherwise hanging on and hoping for penalties against the likes of Alloa will become the norm. Reminds me of the relegation season where we consistently lost from winning positions

By nature I am an optimist though and will remain hopeful that the team will gel. I get the frustration many have with the manager, I will however give the players in the squad plenty of time and support. They have certainly not had long enough to prove their worth. Think our squad may actually prove to be better than many think.

Bring on the league!
    No offence bud but you would need to be on some quality crack to be optimistic about this coming season.
    Last edited by Mr_Brightside; 21-07-2018 at 05:47 PM.

I can't understand it. Everyone's on Czaba's back! Yet only days ago many couldn't care less about this competition, all they were interested in was the league.

Keep in mind, we have an outside chance of finishing second in our wee league, though 4th or 5th is more likely. There's still a lot to play for. If we can put two away against Elgin, we will come away with the three points.

Away on hols so not been up to games... Along with a few others have cancelled plans we had to patg first game of season. Won't be paying to watch that sh1te

Soft penalty against Arbroath. Soft penalty against Alloa. Missed our own penalty against Ross County. Granted we shouldn't be in those situations against Arbroath or Alloa but we weren't a kick in the teeth away from winning all 3 games.

Honestly not on crack. Just think the best thing about football is the hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Soft penalty against Arbroath. Soft penalty against Alloa. Missed our own penalty against Ross County. Granted we shouldn't be in those situations against Arbroath or Alloa but we weren't a kick in the teeth away from winning all 3 games.

Honestly not on crack. Just think the best thing about football is the hope!
    I love your optimism but I just don't see it, we are struggling to create chances, giving away soft pens and generally struggling with defensive basics. Like you said it reminds me a lot of the preseason we had when we went down, the warning signs were there but everybody kept saying "we won't go down"...

I don't blame the players, until we see them guided by a decent manager, Csaba is not right for us, it's that simple

Oh and dreamsof83, we should not be having to hope we don't give away soft pens to beat Arbroath or Alloa at home, what has happened there's two games it's simply never acceptable for DUFC

Today having to watch is in a meaningless pen shootout at home to Alloa was a new low, it's a total disgrace, the fans there applauded a couple all taken Alloa pens, we were that non plussed at that stage, like I say a disgraceful and Csaba is going to get dogs abuse if it continues (which it will as he is hopeless)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)