Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
Did ya go Blockmod? Staton and James Shield were doin the commentary on Radio Sheff and they were quite impressed by the game but Tufty soon put Hoggy r8 when he interviewed him after the game.I'll alluss be grateful for commentaries but my word Giddins and Hoggy are both poor in my view,bring back Paul Walker.UTCB
I went to Mansfield and I agree with other posters that Mcgoldrick deserves a deal as he has a good first touch and links up well, He tired towards the end but these friendlies are about trying things out and when Holmes came on he certainly looked like he had a point to prove as did Stearman who got stuck in,

Basham looked like he had been keeping fit over the summer and Evans looked influential and I reckon this will be the theme when we get started in a couple of weeks,

The striker department deffo needs addressing further as despite Billy working hard, Clark offered little when he came on and I was generally worried that we didn't convert our chances,

Credit must go also to Mansfield as they had a real good go of it and I reckon they should be in the mix for promotion come next May,

The stand out players for them were Craig Davis who still has the nouce to trouble defenders and should do well in league 2, as well as CJ Hamilton who looked a class above at times and I wouldn't be surprised if they received a bid for him in the next couple of weeks.

CW sees it as the fans see it and we were certainly complacent against the Stags.

UTB