+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Board,. Out of There Depth,...???

Our Board,. Out of There Depth,...???

Yes we finished 7th,...But I am sure it was not down to them!!!.....They got lucky,...(again)...

Our Chairman ,and Board, Just do not do it for me,...!! Never mind the Recruitment team..!!

Our Board Cannot let Recruitment be an issue again,...

Sean is going to leave, if these Clowns do not show any interest...In helping him out with players,...

Fans are getting a little uneasy , with the Dry Powder,....Or has that gone as well ??

Just really fed up with our Board, and their mentality .....Ficks me off it really does.

Get your money out and then you can join the board and tell them how to do it and they would have to listen.

This recruitment has always been really easy, particularly when players are falling over themselves to join the Clarets.

Bloomin school holidays!!

A little extreme I think , but I’m id have to agree to a point especially the Dyche leaving , I don’t think he’ll stay unless they back him properly.
    And before others jump on the bandwagon it’s alright buying cheaper players to develop them and I realise that we have to do it , however if you don’t progress and I’ve posted this many times previously you will get left behind , it’s funny how the majority of others seem to manage to sort deals out and just get on with it, we however are not and it could cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    A little extreme I think , but I’m id have to agree to a point especially the Dyche leaving , I don’t think he’ll stay unless they back him properly.
    And before others jump on the bandwagon it’s alright buying cheaper players to develop them and I realise that we have to do it , however if you don’t progress and I’ve posted this many times previously you will get left behind , it’s funny how the majority of others seem to manage to sort deals out and just get on with it, we however are not and it could cost us.
    How further do you expect us to progress from last season?

Good post bfcjon.

I have never been taken with Garlick and John B, Kilby did a lot to keep Burnley Football Club above water and I'm thankful to him, but in the end even Kilby took a lot out of the Club when he stepped down.

A lot has been spoken about the underhand dealing's with Garlick previously on this board so I'm not going into that again, he's a good businessman in his own profession of which he's made Millions, but running a Football Club is a different kettle of fish, No we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but its the same every transfer window, remember Dyche saying its great to get new players in early ? its never really happened has it ? Yes we have got some who made "some" drool, Brady/D4 to name 2, but how many have we missed ? Hakim Ziyeck was one I wanted and Garlick after the window closed said they had just missed out on him as he chose Ajax instead, I wonder why and how many other "above par" players we cannot attract.

Dyche has always come across as knowing that we are a small Club and said he knows the purse strings are tight, but I'd agree bfcjon, how much more of this can Dyche take ?

We have more than we used to have, a new training ground, Stadium up to PL standards, regular 18 to 21 thousand home gates (not that it means much to purse strings nowadays) and a great Manager.

I'm not saying throw everything at it, but there is being prudent and being tight, I'd make the latter of our board with the way their strategy seems to be holding us back.

As to progress from last season, I've said on another thread it was great finishing 7th, but in that season we had at least a dozen below par games, even with D4 and Brady in the team, some we won when we shouldn't (Crystal Palace at home comes to mind), that's all gone now, teams will have been planning playing against us, we need new better players asap, and I'm sure Sean Dyche regardless of his PR understanding statements is not happy with the recruitment team or the capped wages his players are on.

Do football clubs actually make money--or are they just there to manage the egos of very wealthy football club owners?

You have the fans on one side wanting to see progress and not wanting to sacrifice league position --and fiscal practicality on the other side especially if there isn't a wealthy benefactor.

You balance Burnley fan's wanting the club to be in Burnley hands and not foreign investment but wanting better players with increased skill levels to join the team against Christmas Carol scroogeness from seemingly paranoid Burnley business men who own the club.

We vacillate from Yin to Yang on this Board with strong comments against foreign ownership; praise for the Board over their fiscal prudence then fans turn against the Board for money-pinching.

It does seem that you can buy success --but only when you spend megabucks a la Chelsea and Citee and Man Utd.

Do you buy success at the casual 20m-30M player? Or have we already got that type of player on your books?

Do you tread water for a few years developing your own players or do you rush out and spend a quick 40M?

The problem appears to be the tightrope.

Fail to spend and go down as a result so that getting back is a very difficult path.

Its Risk Vs Reward.

The only thing that tends to suffer when you fail to keep up with the money-spenders around you is entertainment.

But few clubs actually worry about that side of the equation.

Fans will always support a club whatever the style of play or league position so why should the Board care what fans think about how they spend (or not) their money?

The board don't care. And if it was your money Fans wanted you to spend--would you care what fans think?

Aside from purchasing players it has to be said that the Board have improved many aspects of the club and have spent on infrastructure.

So there is a lot to see from the money spent and it hasn't all been tightly held to the chest.

Its just the high cost of the middle range players where the Board seem to balk at.

And taken overall are they so wrong or are they being just a tad too cute?

We will see next season.

Come on Willy I didn’t mean top 4 , let’s be realists .
    The other teams will be stronger they are investing - progressing etc , the minute you stand still in this league your done for.
    We over achieved we all know that last season but can we even sustain a position in the league - the other teams are not standing still , We are at this point b

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Come on Willy I didn’t mean top 4 , let’s be realists .
    The other teams will be stronger they are investing - progressing etc , the minute you stand still in this league your done for.
    We over achieved we all know that last season but can we even sustain a position in the league - the other teams are not standing still , We are at this point b
    You have to be careful what you wish for... Stoke, wba and Swansea did well for several seasons by just doing the same thing every year, then fans demanded more, and it didn't end particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by willyeck View Post
    You have to be careful what you wish for... Stoke, wba and Swansea did well for several seasons by just doing the same thing every year, then fans demanded more, and it didn't end particularly well.
    Fair point Willy. I’m just pleased to see the return of our star olayers again. We are a team not a bunch of indivividuals and bigger thegroup the better. We still have Mee and two England keepers, two England midfielders a World Cup player and lots of international players so lots of competition for places. We just need Defour back and we should be a strong team.
    I’m not whinging. We’ll see on Thursday how good we are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)