+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please please please sack him now....

Just from memory here but many years ago did the league cup in groups not start the season.
    Might be bollox.
    Maybe some of the older guys can help.

I think there is a saying in business that the best loss is the early loss

Despite being so bad last season Mike Martin tried to give casaba a further chance. Unfortunately it is blindingly obvious things are only getting worse and it is the same Csaba as last season

It is desperate

We really need a new manager to have any hope of salvaging this season

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Just from memory here but many years ago did the league cup in groups not start the season.
    Might be bollox.

Yes in the Jerry Kerr days still I think there were league cup groups at start

Might be bollox.
    Definitely did. Can't remember when it stopped though.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The five that roll of the tongue that are realistic that I said in the other thread

Wright
    Neilson
    Hopkins
    McCall
    Houston
    Wright i dont want,
    Neilson i really dont see why some want him here as he did well under Levein, but failed doon sooth.
    Hopkins im not sure about,
    McCall might be ok,
    Houston downward spiral so would fit in well!

I would probably get shot down suggesting Allan Johnston, but i really cant think of anyone who would come here!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Yes in the Jerry Kerr days still I think there were league cup groups at start
    IIRC it wasn't seeded then so the group stage could throw up some cracking games

That’s a relief that I’m not losing the plot yet.
    I don’t think we played these games as friendlies or pre- season did we?
    Were United Aberdeen Rangers and Celtic not always the seeded teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Wright i dont want,
    Neilson i really dont see why some want him here as he did well under Levein, but failed doon sooth.
    Hopkins im not sure about,
    McCall might be ok,
    Houston downward spiral so would fit in well!

I would probably get shot down suggesting Allan Johnston, but i really cant think of anyone who would come here!
    What has been proved beyond doubt in the last 3 years is that there is no one candidate that all the fans would unanimously agree on.
    For example McCall unpopular due to being "ex Sevco" (I think he'd be great actually) Houston toys and prams, Neilson didn't cut it down south, Hopkin plays anti football and so it goes on etc etc
    But somewhere there's a manager who would come and would motivate the players and blend them into a cohesive system.
    As someone said and I agree with it this is not down to the players this is down to Csaba being unable to lead, motivate, set up and drive passion and a simple will to win. A decent manager would get more out of these players almost immediately (as Shedka said) but you sense that MM is going to stick with him.

That’s a relief that I’m not losing the plot yet.
    I don’t think we played these games as friendlies or pre- season did we?
    Were United Aberdeen Rangers and Celtic not always the seeded teams.
    I'll bet they never started before the World Cup finished though.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    What has been proved beyond doubt in the last 3 years is that there is no one candidate that all the fans would unanimously agree on.
    For example McCall unpopular due to being "ex Sevco" (I think he'd be great actually) Houston toys and prams, Neilson didn't cut it down south, Hopkin plays anti football and so it goes on etc etc
    But somewhere there's a manager who would come and would motivate the players and blend them into a cohesive system.
    As someone said and I agree with it this is not down to the players this is down to Csaba being unable to lead, motivate, set up and drive passion and a simple will to win. A decent manager would get more out of these players almost immediately (as Shedka said) but you sense that MM is going to stick with him.
    Great post Stoke.
    Well summed up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)