+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/t the open

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    This is a proper test of golf played on fair greens, played by true sportsmen.
    The US Open has silly greens with ridiculous run offs where a brilliant shot can finish 50 yards from the hole.
    The Masters is a class act as well.
    There must be 10 or more still in with a reasonable chance especially if the wind blows.
    I backed Molinari each way. He's let some shots slip but played brilliant in the main.
    Speith's the man they all have to beat though.
    I don't know what's happened to McIlroy. On his day he's different class but he's making some silly errors.
    Let the Tiger roar!
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Open's not the same without Peter Alliss commentating in my opinion .

Too many adverts on SKY too for my liking , should be on the beeb , it's our Open and the only major outside the States .

Not the same for me anymore .

Just my opinion .
    Is eddiz time. I like him but a reckon towd lads edda good run. Time to step aside and gi sumbdy else a gu.

Interesting listening to Tom Watson commentating on sky yistdy. 5 time open winner legend. Gives you a good honest insightful opinion. Listening to bob bubka on talk sport, he seems like a nice guy. I like Butch Harmon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Sed same this morning , Peter Allis did a brilliant commentary for years , always good humour , he wa theer today chatting to Tommy Fleetwood , Sky or nowt these days sad to say , if beeb nocked some of their pundits ? Off, and reviewed how much they paid the MOTD team for one , plus the other ridiculously high earners they employ we may get a better service after all , who needs pundits ennyrooard ? I tend to turn all that off personally , jobs for the boys
    The way I look at it is you have to take the rough with the smooth with Sky .

I can remember as I'm sure you can too that an England Ashes tour down under was a 30 minutes highlight show later that night , a Lions tour was highlights within Grandstand a week after the games took place .

If you are interested in sport as a whole it's a bit of a two way street .

However our Open Championship should be live on the beeb as Wimbledon is because it's tradition , by all means let Sky have a platform but not exclusivity for traditional events such as these .

The beeb never covered the fourth major the PGA championship except highlights so no argument there and only covered the last two rounds of the US Open live as they did with The Masters too .

I like my tennis and they only ever showed the final of the US Open live and never showed anything at all of the French and Australian Opens , these are Grand Slam events .

Don't even get me started on pay to view boxing because that's just ridiculous , ITV covered all the Benn and Eubank fights and many more too , crackers that you have to pay twice and half the time the boxers aren't even close to the talent we watched for nowt 20 years ago .

The home Ryder Cup should on free to view as well and compromise by letting Sky have the american match .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 21-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.

It’s been about as far from real golf as I’ve ever seen. I haven’t seen one of these pretenders produce a can of Stella from their tartan bags.
    It’s a sham

Well done Francesco Molinari. Flawless round of golf today and kept his head while others around him dithered. Deserved winner.

Well done to Hodger too on his bet

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Well done Francesco Molinari. Flawless round of golf today and kept his head while others around him dithered. Deserved winner.

Agreed , didn't go for too much and played sensible golf .

Very worthy winner .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

Thanks Pass.
    A great days play - 6 joint leaders half way through.
    Great sportsmanship even with so much at stake.
    It would have been better for me if he'd gone a couple clear early on. I laid him off for a few bob.
    The big bets still on. Molinari @ 33/1, G. Thomas to win Tour de France @ 5/1, Middlesbro @ 10/1 and wait for it - Barnsley @ 8/1.
    Doubles, trebles & acc pays £15k if they all come in.
    I hope Barnsley can prove Acido wrong.

Well done Hodger , Molinari well worth the title , seems a really good lad too, not been the classiest Open , but for excitement it certainly has to be reyt up theer , Av Luvved it

Thanks Pass.
    It would have been better for me if he'd gone a couple clear early on. I laid him off for a few bob.
    The big bets still on. Molinari @ 33/1, G. Thomas to win Tour de France @ 5/1, Middlesbro @ 10/1 and wait for it - Barnsley @ 8/1.
    Good luck wi that mate , Boro a bit iffy tho , that G Thomas it's Norrim that drinks Stella wen golfin Issit
    Last edited by Romared; 22-07-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Mcilroy's 408 yard drive , feckin hell !!!
    Thanks Pass.
    Yes well done Hodger and good luck with the acca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12