+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How do you solve a problem like United?.

How do you solve a problem like United?.

For the older posters who remember The Sound Of Music film from the 60's i have replaced Maria with United.When we were spoon fed that Thompson was no longer chairman and his drinking buddy Martin was in control many rejoiced but i never,in April when we had slumped from top of the league to scraping for 4th the Monkey said that Shabba was safe,many rejoiced for stability i never.

When it was announced Thompson had gone forever many rejoiced i never,the whole structure of the club is rotten to the core,its true that Thompson was the main culprit for our demise but all the others who were party to decision's made are still at the club.

A high percentage of the support knew fine well that the managerial appointment in November 17 was on a par with the Mixu shambles when we were relegated however the Monkey backed him.Our club is sliding into the abyss because the new chairman has handed the whole FN budget over to a man clearly out of his depth and to make matters worse some of the dross have been signed up on 2 year deals.

I find it staggering that loyal supporters of DUFC are saying that signing players released by Falkirk is ok,"Cos that is where we are."In my opinion we will never return to the higher echelon's of Scottish football until the whole structure of the club is removed from the boardroom down.

I remember backing Houston on this board when many wanted him sacked we were playing Dunfermline the next day and i said he should go 4 4 2 he did and we thrashed them at East End Park,the point i am making is i do not want manager's sacked until it's inevitable but the Monkey decided in April that Shabba was staying and gave him every penny available and carte blanche to sign players on longer term deals.

In my opinion that decision by the Monkey will be as disastrous as any made by his drinking partner Thompson,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 21-07-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    For the older posters who remember The Sound Of Music film from the 60's i have replaced Maria with United.When we were spoon fed that Thompson was no longer chairman and his drinking buddy Martin was in control many rejoiced but i never,in April when we had slumped from top of the league to scraping for 4th the Monkey said that Shabba was safe,many rejoiced for stability i never.

When it was announced Thompson had gone forever many rejoiced i never,the whole structure of the club is rotten to the core,its true that Thompson was the main culprit for our demise but all the others who were party to decision's made are still at the club.

A high percentage of the support knew fine well that the managerial appointment in November 17 was on a par with the Mixu shambles when we were relegated however the Monkey backed him.Our club is sliding into the abyss because the new chairman has handed the whole FN budget over to a man clearly out of his depth and to make matters worse some of the dross have been signed up on 2 year deals.

I find it staggering that loyal supporters of DUFC are saying that signing players released by Falkirk is ok,"Cos that is where we are."In my opinion we will never return to the higher echelon's of Scottish football until the whole structure of the club is removed from the boardroom down.

I remember backing Houston on this board when many wanted him sacked we were playing Dunfermline the next day and i said he should go 4 4 2 he did and we thrashed them at East End Park,the point i am making is i do not want manager's sacked until it's inevitable but the Monkey decided in April that Shabba was staying and gave him every penny available and carte blanche to sign players on longer term deals.

In my opinion that decision by the Monkey will be as disastrous as any made by his drinking partner Thompson,FACT.
    Ageee. Word. For. Word.

Monkey Out, Shabba Out.

It seems really difficult at the moment, however select a proper manager and this will start to fall back into place, and a year is a long time in football

If MM can't see the painfully obvious that Laszlo is hopeless and absolutely not the right man to take us back on our way back up (positive path), he has got us all (95%) feeling the worst we ever have and that's saying something after the last few years

Select a half decent manager. Thats the first stage. Wont be easy. The players matter less as they are on a par with this level tbh. Its what you get out of them.

Csaba struggles getting anything into them so we are doomed immediately with him.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It seems really difficult at the moment, however select a proper manager and this will start to fall back into place, and a year is a long time in football

If MM can't see the painfully obvious that Laszlo is hopeless and absolutely not the right man to take us back on our way back up (positive path), he has got us all (95%) feeling the worst we ever have and that's saying something after the last few years
    Agree about manager and MM.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

football is about winning we aint winning nothing with this clown in charge

Well - all that's actually happened is that the Baldy Snake's shares have been divvied up between the existing board and they have closed ranks.
    Everything else remains as it was.
    Had the shares been bought by John Gibson, we would have seen real change as he would have got rid of the problem immediately as well as replacing the Monkey as chairman. If your aunty had balls....etc however a real chane was missed.
    The fabled investment continues to be like the holy grail. Will Mike Martin be our King Arthur, or will he be Mordred?
    The only potential investment is from the Foundation, its clean money however it seems that Martin is not interested in dialog.
    We are stuck in the mire.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)