+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can’t be the only one...

I can’t be the only one...

Who’s absolutely buzzing and can’t wait for the start of the season. I know CW was less than impressed with the game yesterday but forget that. I’ve been looking at the ‘spine’ of the team. JOC - what a player, Egan - No nonsense, club record signing, also frees up Bash to play DM, Evans - was hugely impressed with him last season and believe he’s gonna get even better, Coutts - just hope he’s as good as he was, Fleck - touch of quality that every team needs, Baldock - best WB in the league for me, couple that with players such as Duffy, Clarke, Sharp, McGoldrick et al and of course the imminent prospect of a club record signing striker! ... honestly I’ve not been this excited preseason since 1997! Bring on the Swans!
    The Championship is of course a tough league, will be interesting to see how the relegated and promoted teams get on, I’m interested to see if the Forest team gels. But we have a great team and I honestly believe we will be up there this season! UTB!

Can't wait for Tuesday personally really looking forward to it I think it's a reyt coup they've pulled off getting inter to come

Yeah definitely! Hell of a game!

agree with most of the op, except that Bash is gash in midfield. Excited to see who we bring in up top as that will determine where we are truly aiming for

Haha gash is a little harsh... but I just meant it was another dimension to the Egan signing 😊
    And yes... can’t wait to see who comes in... I hope we get Waghorn personally.

We definitely need a decent striker, and not lose JAC...........then I believe we have a decent shot at it. Very decent.

Bash would always be in my match day squad whoever we sign. He epitomises everything Wilder wants from his team.

Even though he’s technically not the most gifted, the fact that he’ll give 100% EVERY game and can play in several positions is invaluable to a squad like ours. I bet Wilder doesn’t think that he’s gash wherever he plays him and neither do I. He’s put in plenty of good performances whatever position he’s played in, including midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatesy View Post
    Who’s absolutely buzzing and can’t wait for the start of the season. I know CW was less than impressed with the game yesterday but forget that. I’ve been looking at the ‘spine’ of the team. JOC - what a player, Egan - No nonsense, club record signing, also frees up Bash to play DM, Evans - was hugely impressed with him last season and believe he’s gonna get even better, Coutts - just hope he’s as good as he was, Fleck - touch of quality that every team needs, Baldock - best WB in the league for me, couple that with players such as Duffy, Clarke, Sharp, McGoldrick et al and of course the imminent prospect of a club record signing striker! ... honestly I’ve not been this excited preseason since 1997! Bring on the Swans!
    The Championship is of course a tough league, will be interesting to see how the relegated and promoted teams get on, I’m interested to see if the Forest team gels. But we have a great team and I honestly believe we will be up there this season! UTB!
    Agree with quite a lot of that Coatesy but the jury is still out on Evans - does many good things but gave the ball away rather too much for me. He is still young and if he can attend to that part of his game we will have some player on our hands.

Baldock remains a conundrum. I would have said he was one of our best players last season but no goals and one assist was a stat I was surprised to read. May be best wing back in the league next season but only because Fulham got promoted. Would also argue that Freeman would provide much competition. Hard to choose between the two but Freeman is more likely to weigh in with a goal.

Looking forward to next season but remember how much I looked forward to other seasons - especially with Weir, so these days I always reserve judgement despite us now having our best manager for many years.

I have a feeling that there is much more to come on the ownership dispute too. No doubt we will find out next Saturday. At the last shareholders meeting I feel certain Mr McCabe said it might not all be settled before July - I’ve just realised he didn’t say which year!

Some very good points there silent, yes I’m a Freeman fan too but Baldock has a touch more class for me, I’m expecting those stats (which surprised me) to be much greater this season... and as for Lee Evans, at only 23 I think he’s gonna develop into a real player! A few more of those volleys and we could have another Brown on our hands! (Maybe I’ve gone too far there! Haha)
    I’m all in, I think there’s a good vibe around the place... and I put that down to CW 😁

best yet to come from evans i see him as more of a goalscoring midfielder than a defensive one and in any case weve coutts lundstrum and even basham at a push for that role competition is gonna be fierce next season and that can only be good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast