+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allan Ball - your memories

Allan Ball - your memories

Would love to hear your memories of Allan Ball when he played for Queen of the South FC

I’ll pass them on to his family

seen this on twitter earlier today from a John Brown

The opening game of 70-71 season, I was given the No 11 shirt by East Fife at QOS. After about 10 minutes, ball fell to me at the edge of the box. I looked up and just saw this GIANT (honest!) between the sticks. He easily gathered my feeble effort. Great goalie, lovely man. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post

Struggling to name everyone in a fine team - 567 back row - 124 front riw
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 22-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.

One of the best memories of Bally must be the first SC game v Ayr in 1976. Alan had been hurt earlier in the game but played on anyway , even saving a penalty to keep us in the tie. Afterwards it was revealed that he had played the rest of the game , saving this penalty with a broken arm ! Graham McLean was in goals for us in the famous 5-4 replay win. If it wasnt for two or three serious injuries then Ball would have played far more than the record breaking 819 games. -------- I think I can remember Bally spinning the football on his finger during warm ups but maybe my memory is playing tricks.i
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 22-07-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Great shot of a great man. That shirt is a classic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)