+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: AdamRooney, Anthony Stokes - How f***ed is Scottish football?

AdamRooney, Anthony Stokes - How f***ed is Scottish football?

Just thought I would attempt to cheer everyone up with a distraction from the numerous woes of our club . . .

Just how f***ed is Scottish football?

Adam Rooney, who we supposedly were trying to lure and who would surely be of interest to most of the teams in the premier league, would rather go and play for Salford City in the English 5th tier.

Now Anthony Stokes, with an offer on the table to play for St Mirren in the premier league, would rather go and play in IRAN!!!

That's I R A N !!!!

Can you imagine what the Iranians will make of his dickery?

Unbelievable.

Salford are paying him 4k per week - it's been in all the papers. Not too difficult doing the maths.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Salford are paying him 4k per week - it's been in all the papers. Not too difficult doing the maths.
    Yeah, I know - I've seen it

I never said it was hard to understand the decision the player made - I suggested that Scottish football is f***ed if clubs in England's 5th tier are paying higher salaries than most of our premier league clubs.

If playing in Iranian football and England's 5th tier have a greater draw than playing in the Scottish Premier League then we have some serious problems.

IRA............N

I don't think his concentration span lasts more than 3 letters.

Hi lads

Who's your next manager going to be?
    Will he make a difference do you think, or is it a board clear out that's necessary?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)