+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If he goes, who next??

Easton is totally untested in management and by all accounts has been making a name for himself and learning his trade working with the youth teams, he should be allowed to continue with that.

Ellis did a good job when he came in, but given his background he would struggle presumably from one of the big problems that seems to have afflicted our last few managers i.e. recruitment, I can't imagine he has an extensive or wide range of contacts. Our targets these days seem to be drawn from an extremely narrow pool of championship/relegated players who happen to be available. Any scouting systems put in place are unlikely to bear fruit in the short term. Therefore if Ellis was given the role, I think it would be with a view to backing him for a couple of years, until hopefully the systems in and around him are successfully producing youngsters/signing targets.

If fans could actually see the club moving forward/progressing and building a squad that might not just get up but even consolidate then I think they would get behind the project, rather than see us repeatedly waste money on fire fighting transfers

Alternatively you get a tried and tested badass with extensive experience and who has build up his own networks like Tommy Wright to come in with his focus purely on the first team while the club develops its own scouting systems.

I want Czaba gone asap but we need to be realistic.
    Any new manager at any club is a risk. No matter how well they did previously.
    Hughes being a good example.
    Sadly we are a Championship club, with Championship players and a budget to match.
    On the basis that none of the names suggested on other threads would guarantee success I’d like to see Ellis being given the chance. (If he wants it).

I always say I have saying who I want to come in because managers who do well at one club often fail at another and vice versa. Having said that I'd be more than happy to let Easton have a crack. Risky but everyone is, Easton has a great way about him and could be a revelation

Say it again - I cant see them sacking him until at least 9/10 games even then we probably would have to lose the lot. Seeing how organised Dunfermline are thats a first humping in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    Just been asked by a Dundee fan if I could forgive Jackie Mac enough to see him back in the dugout and watch attractive football again.

My reply was forgive him for what, he said selling players to line his pockets. Now I know some fans think he was to blame and what not but, he never write his contract or gave himself a percentage that was ST. These clauses happen all over Europe and let's be honest chairman in Scotland sell players managers don't get a choice.

Just wondered would anyone else see Jackie back.

Agreeing with other comments on this charlatan but his biggest crime ( with his drinking buddies ) was removing Steve Campbell from post .

After the raging success he’s been at York ....we probably couldn’t afford his drinks tab anyway fortunately.

Main thing is that we need Csaba gone asap.

Replacements I'd like:-

1. Stuart McCall - great motivator. Knows how to organise and push a team along. Hard but fair with the players. No nonsense and smart manager. Lots of high quality experience and done decent wherever he has been expect the brief spell at sevco

2. Hopkin- only second choice as Livi were so much like Wimbledon of the 80s. Can't argue with success though. He got a much smaller team with much smaller budget up in this league only last season. outstanding luck that he should be available.

3. Sir PH - I'd try him if others not available though feels like more of a gamble now.

4. I'm not against giving Easton or Ellis a shot for a few games if needed to see how it goes. Anything / anybody will be better than what we have had to endure (and still do) under Csaba

Why not give Ellis the job just now, put put the feelers out who wants the job, and make sure we get a good manager this time, if it takes 3,4 month so be it, and if Ellis does a good job and give him till end of this season if there is signs things are on the up..Just an idea..

Surely any options better than CL. such a depressing state of affairs.

for me McCall or McIntyre are the ones for me.
    McCall had motherwell punching above their weight for years and was doing decent down south with bradford before a bad run got him sacked unfairly. with ST gone he might fancy it.
    McIntyre (with dodds) has experience of winning the league (with dunfermline) plus overachieved with county before again getting punted unfairly imo. will want back in game by now youd imagine.

both these guys would have a point to prove and would both love the chance to manage us.

Neilson would be a good choice but unlikely.
    Hopkins i reckon thinks he can get a better job (plus wouldnt want him)
    Houston i doubt would come back.
    Ellis? maybe as caretaker but maybe not full time.

Don't really care who gets the job now tbh, I just want that useless prick out.

Would absolutely love Tommy Wright to be our next manager however happy with any of the others apart from Ellis permanently or Mcintyre

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)