+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Si Murray sold for £150,000

Si Murray sold for £150,000

The transfer of Si Murray for £150,000 to South African team Bifwest Wits seems to have went unnoticed on this board.

This is a good bit of business by Hibs as they signed Murray at the end of his contract with United.

United paid Arbroath £50,000 for Murray and should have resigned him rather than letting him go - now Hibs have made a tidy £150,000 out of the transfer.

If only we had Murray now we might have been scoring goals.

Totally agree. Would make a difference to our present disaster.

I remember people saying we were getting the better player when Murray went to Hibs and we signed Keatings

I thought then it was very doubtful, been proven to be the case

Simon Murray is a genuine whole hearted trier who gives 100% ( unless about to sign for Hibs the following day) but he’s never a football player.

£150k.......do they buy players after watching YouTube videos over there as well ?

In this day and age getting that amount of money for a player like Simon Murray is a cracking bit of business imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    In this day and age getting that amount of money for a player like Simon Murray is a cracking bit of business imo.
    Agreed. Some bit of business from Hibs there. He's fkn stinkin but would i have him in that team now......... Probably 😕

Scored 15 goals last season in the Premier League for Hibs - he is a proven goal scorer.

If only we had him now for the new season.

Scored 6 in the Premier League for Hibs last season.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I remember people saying we were getting the better player when Murray went to Hibs and we signed Keatings

I thought then it was very doubtful, been proven to be the case
    I hope Keatings can come good. He was battling his demons last season and we have not seen the best of him yet.

Always though Si Murray was decent. People slate him on here but he always gave his best for United as a local lad and if we had him in the team now it would be a big boost

great attitude poor player. why do we keep debating this - he was not very good. Hibs have played a blinder. Keats is a far better player BUT has played **** all for us and done **** all so yeah Murray did more for us that keats has thats for sure.

Different arguments best player and who did more for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)