+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Am I Mad?

Am I Mad?

I got up this morning at 7 am to go to church for 8 am as usual. After the service I spoke to some friends there and the subject as usual got around to Albion. I have not attended games since 2002 and although I sweat on the result every Saturday afternoon or evening kick off I have not missed actually going to the games. I had fell out of love with football to be honest but it was rekindled slightly with the World Cup. For some reason unknown to me or the wife I have come home and purchased a Season Ticket So I am now committed to going come rain or shine, good football or bad. I am 65 years old and still have the sense and maturity of a child. Feel free to verbally abuse me for my stupidity. SOTV

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I got up this morning at 7 am to go to church for 8 am as usual. After the service I spoke to some friends there and the subject as usual got around to Albion. I have not attended games since 2002 and although I sweat on the result every Saturday afternoon or evening kick off I have not missed actually going to the games. I had fell out of love with football to be honest but it was rekindled slightly with the World Cup. For some reason unknown to me or the wife I have come home and purchased a Season Ticket So I am now committed to going come rain or shine, good football or bad. I am 65 years old and still have the sense and maturity of a child. Feel free to verbally abuse me for my stupidity. SOTV
    Yes stupid is the word you'll regret it waste of money you should have picked your games makes more sense

Well done JD buddy. What part of the ground ? We (me and ‘she who must be obeyed’) are in the East stand.
    I’m looking forward to the season, notwithstanding it’s the Championship !
    When was your first match ? (1961 season vs West Spam for me)

I'm in the Brummie Road almost in the exact spot I used to sit before I knocked it on the head.
    My first game was the 62-63 season I think. It was Sheffield Utd. Again I think that was who it was. Time tends to muddle the memory.
    I know I was bored after about half an hour but for some reason persevered attending games and became fanatical. Home games, away games. As soon as one match was over I was thinking about the next one. Wagged school, skived work to get to games. Lose on a Saturday and I started to cheer up about the following Wednesday. The club meant everything and to some degree I suppose it still has a grip on me, otherwise I would not have blown money on a season ticket. As far as picking games out to attend, going to the odd game appeals less to me than committing myself to the season. I just would not bother.

We’re in the Brummie too, lower tier behind the goal. The important thing now is the choice of the pre-match venue........

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We’re in the Brummie too, lower tier behind the goal. The important thing now is the choice of the pre-match venue........
    HI, we are in next section, just right of goal .Had the same seat since the brummie was built.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)