+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The natives are getting restless....

The natives are getting restless....

Seriously..yes..the season hasn't even started yet but you have to say they have a point!

Hardly a surprise given the squad we have and the lack of quality in it.

Some seem very worried that we could even go down with this current team..quite a few in truth when you look around the net!

It couldn't happen...could it?

Usually..I would say its an over-reaction but when you see the teams we are fielding (Liam Cooper still gets a game ffs ) its a worry.

Personally not sure..but there just has to be some light at the end of this transfer window.

I think we are seriously at risk this season. It's a massive risk expecting Bielsa to come in and magic something with essentially what was last season's under par squad. If it doesn't work there is no safety net for the next manager coming in, they may be faced with a relegation scrap with a threadbare squad. I said when he came in that Orta was toxic and I've not seen him do anything to change that view.

Well, its obviously a strange position for me to be in, but I would suggest we wait and see what happens, after all there's not much we can do about things, except support the team (as long as they deserve it, see previous posts), in what is going to be a challenging start to the season.

As for the comment about Orta, spot on, but he's not going anywhere soon, unfortunately.

Said it weeks ago and not for the sake of being repetitive, we are threadbare and will be relegation fodder unless something dramatic happens this week, one striker at least, centre half and left back.....don't hold your breath!

Threadbare and some very average players (been kind there)

Tell yer what chaps its gonna be a very interesting countdown to the window shutting..in all honesty I can quite believe how little we have done..as billy said in another thread it looks like we blew our load on the coach!

Wed have gone down last year if it wasn't for the surprisingly good start before teams figured us out.

Our 'squad' is no better if not worse than last year currently as we just don't have any players for the formation Bielsa wants to play.

I am bloody worried, normally I go into a season with blind optimism that we will go up, not this season as it stands.

I know friendlies mean very little but I'm still seeing Alioski fail to find someone with a cross or beat a man on the wing, still seeing Cooper try 60 yard cross field passes and failing, still seeing Kalvin Phillips hit and hope when he panics, still seeing Roofe being completely invisible when he is playing as the striker, STILL seeing us getting woefully beaten on corners. I've seen some nice passing and moveoment but it is the kind of stuff you need better players to be doing if you want to score goals as we haven't looked like doing a right lot in any of the games I've seen.

I've not watched anything pre season, not paying for the woeful LUTV to watch our U23's. But those who have, is there any evidence of the Bielsa effect on formation and style of play?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    I've not watched anything pre season, not paying for the woeful LUTV to watch our U23's. But those who have, is there any evidence of the Bielsa effect on formation and style of play?
    Facebook mate, there is always someone streaming it.

What its worth I think Bielsa style looks like it could be very good but the reality is we don't have good enough players to execute it against Championship teams. There is some great build up play but then it gets to the final third and you're expecting Alioski to put in a cross or beat a man which he doesn't and Roofe is useless in the box so there is little end product then to compound that we get bullied t corners because we've got no proper defenders.

Bielsa + 4 quality signings and 2 squad players would be a force to be reckoned with but sadly Bielsa with this squad isn't going to go anywhere other than relegation.

Lets be honest here the fans aren't stupid they can see whats coming..Radz and co got some serious work to do.

They don't have much to get it right either.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)