+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wakefield Trinity

Wakefield Trinity

Great result today v Hull was a great game to watch 72- NIL up cricket score!

poor old Leeds missed the play offs

Enjoyed the Roses cricket game Friday night even though we lost

Oakwell Tuesday night for me

Time we had dialogue with Wakefield for joint stadium lots of synergy and we would get more Wakefield supporters supporting the REDS not WEEDS

Was mentioned a few years ago about ground share but nothing came about it but with these suits it could be we move to Wakefield

No need just a move a little south a couple of miles and sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Great result today v Hull was a great game to watch 72- NIL up cricket score!

poor old Leeds missed the play offs

Enjoyed the Roses cricket game Friday night even though we lost

Oakwell Tuesday night for me

Time we had dialogue with Wakefield for joint stadium lots of synergy and we would get more Wakefield supporters supporting the REDS not WEEDS

Developing Belle Vue I believe mate or they were the last time I heard .

Great win for Trinity today , acido your boys took a hell of a beating .

Yes Animal maybe re-developing Belle Vue but it's only because the cheapest option - playing surface still good but when I think back to the glory days when we had a great team and good ground, team doing great this last 3 seasons but like me the ground needs a big face lift!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Yes Animal maybe re-developing Belle Vue but it's only because the cheapest option - playing surface still good but when I think back to the glory days when we had a great team and good ground, team doing great this last 3 seasons but like me the ground needs a big face lift!
    Never seen the glory years unfortunately , first went along in 1982 which was the first time in the club's history they got relegated , Cas sent us down on the final day !!! , great start .

Just haven't had any consistency this season because we can beat anyone on our day .

Chris Chester is doing a remarkable job though given the budget .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Was mentioned a few years ago about ground share but nothing came about it but with these suits it could be we move to Wakefield
    Nowt against em , i enjoy mi rugby too , no egg chasers at Oakwell , wiv done that befoor , and i attended all the games and enjoyed it ,but it's football only in my view at Oakwell now, or as Dools sez relocate to Wakey fo Reds

I think it's worth pointing out that Trinity fans wouldn't want to leave their city either .

Trinity are one of the oldest RL clubs and founded in 1873 with a good traditional history .

Nice to see them staying put at Belle Vue and rebuilding the stadium instead of moving .

Its funny you say that Animal, I also got into watching RL and supporting Hull Fc in '82, when they/we won the Challenge cup final in a replay!.
    I think sharing our Oakwell footy ground though with Wakey or any RL team is an awful one and I hope we never do that.