+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, so what do we have ?

Ok, so what do we have ?

We have a loan keeper, not featured in 3 games - no doubt already injured before arriving-
    2 recognised CB ( includes Cooper ) -
    I average striker, 10 -12 goals at best -
    But midfield does look pretty strong to be fair

Sure there is a handful of other first teamers, Ayling / Forshaw / Hernandez, but the rest 6/10.

Just what, has / is going wrong with transfer dealings this year, as for sure something is restricting any activity.

Not a clue, nothing makes sense,cute as if we welcome division one already.

What we have is not enough sadly. It looks like Bielsa is going with the 3-3-1-3 type formation with 3 centre backs and wing backs so we are already ****ed there in terms of strength in depth.

At the moment if he is going with that we have this:

GK- Peacock Farrell and Blackman
    CB- Jansson, Cooper...........2 players to fill 3 positions
    Lwb- De Bock, Pearce, Dallas
    Rwb- Ayling, Berardi
    Cdm- Phillips, Forshaw, Klich, Ideguchi, Vieira
    Cam- Saiz, Hernandez, Baker
    Rw- Alioski
    Lw-
    St- Roofe, Roberts.

So essentially we are massively over filled in centre midfield but there is not a single other position that fills me with confidence. Striker is woeful. Wing options are non-existent and centre backs are completely missing.

Currently our only hope is to put square pegs in round holes with the likes of Berardi, Phillips, Forshaw and De Bock at centre back which is desperate.

I've not included people like Edmondson because if we are seriously pinning our hopes on young kids who've barely kicked a first team ball then there is no hope.

My main worry is Bielsa walks because of broken promises on transfer and we are royally ****ed then because I don't for a second believe the 3 week negotiations were about him getting 2 average loan players in

A lack of ambition is what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    A lack of ambition is what we have.
    Don't worry Rev, Radz will have the TV rights to the Albanain second division by the end of the week which is much much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Don't worry Rev, Radz will have the TV rights to the Albanain second division by the end of the week which is much much more important.
    And still LUTV won't be able to broadcast a Leeds game all the way through without going offline.

Just had a peek around and had a quick look at Phil Hays twitter and he seems to think we are still hopeful of making some signings..but he did say that its the level of quality is the crucial point which is stating the obvious but he is 100% correct.

So basically we are putting our faith in Orta to get it right.....

Name:  wordle_LOL.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  19.1 KB
    Last edited by Rev72; 22-07-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Just had a peek around and had a quick look at Phil Hays twitter and he seems to think we are still hopeful of making some signings..but he did say that its the level of quality is the crucial point which is stating the obvious but he is 100% correct.

So basically we are putting our faith in Orta to get it right.....

Name:  wordle_LOL.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  19.1 KB
    'hopeful' panics me, hopeful is what you say when you've signed 2/3 players and you just need one more to give your squad an extra edge. Not when you're ****ing desperate because you're 7 players short of a first team squad.

This is beginning to get embarrassing which will lead into panic signings because if we don't sign anyone we are truly screwed no matter how good Bielsa is.

A very long season ahead of us and I agree with what yer saying joel.

Question I am asking myself is just how/why did we let it go this far and so close to the start of the season

Proof will be in the pudding..you reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    'hopeful' panics me, hopeful is what you say when you've signed 2/3 players and you just need one more to give your squad an extra edge. Not when you're ****ing desperate because you're 7 players short of a first team squad.

This is beginning to get embarrassing which will lead into panic signings because if we don't sign anyone we are truly screwed no matter how good Bielsa is.
    Better no signings than panic ones?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)