+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan’s starting eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Unanimous??? Why would you think that? The fact that I don't agree with it in the slightest disproves it in an instant. In fact, I'd say Hewitt's defensive qualities are his main strength. He wasn't a good right back because his positional play was poor, but as a defensive midfielder he developed into many people's choice as player of the year last season. Tackles, blocks, and headers in midfield count as defending, it isn't only the back four who are allowed to do it. What has Alex Howes shown to deserve a starting place?
    And the fact you think Hewitt's defensive quality is his main strength proves two things, why he's not in my team and secondly why no one listens to your opinion! How many times did the opposition just walk through nthe midfield last year? He was being bailed out by Yates constantly. He can't or won't tackle, is lightweight and we now have better options (we did anyway but Nolan wouldn't play Milsom). And these tackles and blocks he does, have you got any proof because I can't seem to remember him doing any of that work. His headers go to the opposition 99% of the time. He's an awful player who only gets picked for his long throw. He's literally the new Jude Sterling, he too, was an awful full back!

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Wasn't there a stat doing the rounds about Feb that we hadn't lost a game Hewitt had started in?
    He started against Barnet away, Chesterfield away, Grimsby away, Coventry in the play offs...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    And the fact you think Hewitt's defensive quality is his main strength proves two things, why he's not in my team and secondly why no one listens to your opinion!
    Strangely enough, even many of my critics who can't stand me have praised my football opinions. Let's see what everyone else thinks of your idea to include a completely unproven youngster who has done nothing to suggest he is anywhere near ready for the first team in preference to Elliott Hewitt in the starting XI v Colchester.

ps
    There was a bloke called metrocab who continually slated Hewitt on here. Coincidentally, his last post was around the time you signed up. How weird is that?

So Barnet was Feb 10th, didn't I say around Feb? I think I did! just for clarification that means until Feb, not after!

I think it was an interview with KN and it was out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    So Barnet was Feb 10th, didn't I say around Feb? I think I did! just for clarification that means until Feb, not after!
    I'm just pointing out that Saint Elliott was part of all of those defeats. Imagine if we won the three games against bottom of the table teams away, we'd be in league one right now.

Also, to burst your bubble, he was also part of the home defeat against Exeter that was mid January!

Strangely enough, even many of my critics who can't stand me have praised my football opinions. Let's see what everyone else thinks of your idea to include a completely unproven youngster who has done nothing to suggest he is anywhere near ready for the first team in preference to Elliott Hewitt in the starting XI v Colchester.

ps
    There was a bloke called metrocab who continually slated Hewitt on here. Coincidentally, his last post was around the time you signed up. How weird is that?
    Well tell you what, it's my opinion that Hewitt is a traffic cone, people got hooked on that stat about Hewitt that magician mentioned but forget that the run was more to do with Yates than Hewitt!

And sure you think that, or it could be that I forgot my old username from years gone by when POM was in here moaning about Billy Dreadful and Pirate Scotty was pottering around and Soccerman was actually Soccerman and I wanted to post again. I can't ever remember you being around in those days, then again, it was when the board was a lot better, the football was awful but the content of this place was great

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Well tell you what, it's my opinion that Hewitt is a traffic cone, people got hooked on that stat about Hewitt that magician mentioned but forget that the run was more to do with Yates than Hewitt!

And sure you think that, or it could be that I forgot my old username from years gone by when POM was in here moaning about Billy Dreadful and Pirate Scotty was pottering around and Soccerman was actually Soccerman and I wanted to post again. I can't ever remember you being around in those days.
    In which case you have a poor memory. I was posting then and I remember all those names. POM's other pet hate was Gavin Gordon.

In which case you have a poor memory. I was posting then and I remember all those names. POM's other pet hate was Gavin Gordon.
    Just shows how bad the content of the board has become when you're invading every thread making it about you then. At least then it was an actual football forum, not "Elite" opinion of the day

ps
    Here we go again,
    have you got a filing cabinet or a cross referencing system to dredge all these things up?

I honestly cannot recall most posters or what they wrote never mind their pet hates, doesn't mean much to most people but you seem driven, especially in regard to who people are or who they may have been, why does it matter so much to you?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast