+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan’s starting eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Here we go again,
    have you got a filing cabinet or a cross referencing system to dredge all these things up?

I honestly cannot recall most posters or what they wrote never mind their pet hates, doesn't mean much to most people but you seem driven, especially in regard to who people are or who they may have been, why does it matter so much to you?
    No filing cabinet needed Vlad, I just have a good memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No filing cabinet needed Vlad, I just have a good memory.
    And an obsession

And an obsession
    More of an interest. It was obvious that you were Vlad from an early stage and it's been quite funny seeing you try to deny it.

Anyway, who would you have in your team for Colchester - Hewitt, Howes, both or neither?

Hewitt was probably most fans' second choice behind Tootle for player of the season last year, when he arrived at Notts he was described as a versatile player that had played right back, right midfield and in central midfield the season before he joined us and he'd also played centre back whichever Wales youth team he played for. Just because we played him at right back first doesn't mean he's a right back... He has been very visibly better in midfield than he was in defence and since Nolan walked through the door he's been one of the first names on the team sheet most weeks.

Picking a completely untried youth team player ahead of him based on... I'm not sure, friendlies? Would be madness, let's stick Culverwell in goal while we're at it too because he's probably conceded the least goals in pre season.

At 24, I'd like to see Hewitt shake off the utility player tag and see what he can do in midfield for another season. He's shown he can keep on getting better so maybe there's more to come. In the long run, he'd be great on the right of a back 3 - but if he takes another step forward as a box to box midfielder (leave the holding role to Vaughn) he'll be a real promotion-class player for us.

Strangely enough, even many of my critics who can't stand me have praised my football opinions. Let's see what everyone else thinks of your idea to include a completely unproven youngster who has done nothing to suggest he is anywhere near ready for the first team in preference to Elliott Hewitt in the starting XI v Colchester.

ps
    There was a bloke called metrocab who continually slated Hewitt on here. Coincidentally, his last post was around the time you signed up. How weird is that?
    I don't know about the metrocab bit but everything else Elite says ,i have to agree.

More of an interest. It was obvious that you were Vlad from an early stage and it's been quite funny seeing you try to deny it.

Anyway, who would you have in your team for Colchester - Hewitt, Howes, both or neither?
    Nothing was / is obvious, Tarkers posted some crap and you made 2+2 = 3

Not going in to this again anyway, it's a football board despite those that try and turn every thread in to a tangential argument about Bulwell job centre or similar.

Hewitt for me until we have something better which, Howes may or may not be eventually?

PS, you never answered me, why are you so preoccupied with peoples identities, why does it bother you so much, it clearly does?
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 23-07-2018 at 02:20 PM.

PS, you never answered me, why are you so preoccupied with peoples identities, why does it bother you so much, it clearly does?
    I've told you, it interests and amuses me. I was the expert a while back when I was usually the first to spot milliondollerpie's new username after he had been banned. It's been a bit of a hobby ever since. The big thing that gave you away apart from your tantrums is the way you often post statements as questions, such as "Hewitt for me until we have something better which, Howes may or may not be eventually?". You always used to do that when you posted as Vladpie, and was very noticeable. If I was ever banned and re-appeared under a different name I would be dead easy to spot as well. We all have a certain posting style, which we can't hide.

I've told you, it interests and amuses me. I was the expert a while back when I was usually the first to spot milliondollerpie's new username after he had been banned. It's been a bit of a hobby ever since. The big thing that gave you away apart from your tantrums is the way you often post statements as questions, such as "Hewitt for me until we have something better which, Howes may or may not be eventually?". You always used to do that when you posted as Vladpie, and was very noticeable. If I was ever banned and re-appeared under a different name I would be dead easy to spot as well. We all have a certain posting style, which we can't hide.
    I would be easy to spot. My polite manner , football knowledge and excellent grammar would give it away . I might also mention my great Notts buddy , my lad.

Nolan is a predictable / safe manager rather than a creative chancer, so I think Durham has got it about right but I suspect that fitness issues will consign Dennis to the bench and that Stead will start.

............. Fitz...........

Tootle....Hall... Duffy... Jones

Thomas.. Hewitt.. Vaughn....Boldwyjn

..........Dennis..... Hemmings

Love the idea of giving boy wonder Donda He an early baptism but I can't see a manger like Nolan taking any such chance.

It's easy being 'cavalier' on Fifa 18, or similar, but in the blood, sweat and tears, 100mph world of league 2, I think it will be safety first...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast