+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Away to Brentford

No I won't be surprised millertop we've seen it plenty of times. I suppose even with 1 up top we could cause problems like our performance at Wigan last season.

General sale Monday

I’d go 4-4-2 will Warney ?

Dean Smith at Brentford likes to play 4-2-3-1.

Worked for him last season, anyone's guess what he plays this season, maybe 4-2-3-1 again, dependant on who they've sold / bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Dean Smith at Brentford likes to play 4-2-3-1.

Worked for him last season, anyone's guess what he plays this season, maybe 4-2-3-1 again, dependant on who they've sold / bought.
    in what capacity did you work for him last year godsend?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    It's hot outside, so looking forward to our first game, I stumbled across this interesting read:

https://medium.com/@DavidAnderson_1/...9-caa70f282581
    Thanks Perigord, I too found that both interesting and enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    in what capacity did you work for him last year godsend?
    I doubt anyone on here worked for Brentford last year weluvbooth.

Dean Smith like all managers will pick a formation to suit who they are playing.
    For once I would go 4-1-4-1

Brentford last season played a 4-3-3 variation.
    Mostly it is a 4-2-3-1 building play from the base of midfield as they looked to control the game in the opposition's half. They got their wide men involved a lot last season.

Brentford played 4-1-4-1 against Blades back in March, so it seems to prove Managers change to suit.

4-1-4-1 for me at Brentford, although the decision will be down to Warney and Barks...

EDIT : You can be an inquisitive beggar at times... goodnight..
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 29-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.

We're in a tricky situation now with only six days to the match... if we sign a new midfielder (and I hope that we do), unless it's Towell, he won't have payed with the rest of the team before.
    Depending on exactly who that player is, it could make a big difference to the formation that we play. If we haven't signed anybody by then, that's not good news either. Not ideal preparation for us for the start of the Championship season.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    We're in a tricky situation now with only six days to the match... if we sign a new midfielder (and I hope that we do), unless it's Towell, he won't have payed with the rest of the team before.
    Depending on exactly who that player is, it could make a big difference to the formation that we play. If we haven't signed anybody by then, that's not good news either. Not ideal preparation for us for the start of the Championship season.
    if we sign anyone I doubt Warne will start them from the off anyway it doesn't seem his style.

I reckon it will be 4-5-1

We will let one in on the 35 minute mark, chase the game and lose by 2 or 3 goals.

Sorry for the pessimism but I've seen nothing yet that cures our habit for shipping goals via defensive mistakes.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Now on general sale.

Get behind then lads Millers!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast