+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Moniker

Your Moniker

Morning All.

I was wondering how some of you decided on your Turfites Talk user name.

I am hoping to change mine to 2019-20

Some are obvious (Bedligton Terrier etc)

But Sinkov for example. Is that to celebrate the bug repellent or the American code breaker?

I was in the Royal Navy for 35 years and thought that 'Claret_Sailor' would have led to too much grief on the forum.

Mine is simply a different identity to my original which is why it is Supersub --the 6 comes from the number I used to wear for many years when playing football.

I guess mine should now be Even Older Colner!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Morning All.

I was wondering how some of you decided on your Turfites Talk user name.

I am hoping to change mine to 2019-20

Some are obvious (Bedligton Terrier etc)

But Sinkov for example. Is that to celebrate the bug repellent or the American code breaker?
    To answer the Turfites Talk question when Tony Scholes debunked to set up his own site we had a poll to decide the new name for the forum and Turfites Talk it was! Democracy prevails on this site but don't tell sinkov!

I am Outwood because that is where I live. It is a former mining area.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    To answer the Turfites Talk question when Tony Scholes debunked to set up his own site we had a poll to decide the new name for the forum and Turfites Talk it was! Democracy prevails on this site but don't tell sinkov!
    You're getting confused BT, I'm all for democracy, I want the chance to vote out those who make the laws I have to live under, which is why I voted to leave the undemocratic EU, and why I expect the result of the referendum to be honoured.

I think you'll find it's 59/60 and his LibDems chums who have a problem with democracy. Unless the vote goes their way of course, then they're all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Oleg Sinkov, a Ukrainian ice-hockey player for the Blackburn Hawks in the 90s. He was a joy to watch, and I knew a bit about his background, which just increased my admiration for him. Also not many others would have it as a username either, so no problems with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're getting confused BT, I'm all for democracy, I want the chance to vote out those who make the laws I have to live under, which is why I voted to leave the undemocratic EU, and why I expect the result of the referendum to be honoured.

I think you'll find it's 59/60 and his LibDems chums who have a problem with democracy. Unless the vote goes their way of course, then they're all for it.
    I just wanted a response sinkov, you never fail to deliver...

Bloody hell...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)