+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T European Union

O/T European Union

There is a lot of gloom about leaving the EU but there are another 7 countries waiting to join.Most of those are from Eastern Europe which are very poor countries.I could be wrong but the EU gives more aid to poor countries to bring them up to par with the rest of the union.This is very good but it ends up with the richer countries like us have to pay more money into The Brussels pot to help these poor countries which we can’t afford now and there are these other 7 in the waiting room.It also means there will be even more immigrants wanting to come here.Its ok these remain people wanting cheaper holidays in the EU but there is more than cheap holidays to think about.The EU have also talking about having there own armed forces which as an armed forces veteran I am totally against,I served under the white ensign and was proud to do so and my eldest son served 28 years in the Royal Navy so that makes at least two of us.When the UK signed up for Europe it was for trade only I can’t remember voting to give up our sovereignty to be ruled by unelected rulers.As I said “I could be wrong”

I find it hard to believe that the people living in the most economicaly deprived areas of England have fallen for the fantasies propagated by 46 of the richest extremist members of the Tory party who believe Brexit will return the UK into a world power selling goods we no longer produce protected by armed forces of a reasonable size we can no longer afford. We need to be part of the EU economically to compete with the US China and india in the future. According to the Governor of the Bank of England Brexit has so far cost each family in the UK £900. Post Brexit it will cost far more and the the most affected areas will be those who believed the right wing loons of the Tory party.

I can’t believe that everyone seems to have missed that a large part of the Brexit leave vote was about people voting against the status quo and wanting to see change. It’s happening all over the world, it’s why Trump got in not cos he was a great option he was just a new option.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the people living in the most economicaly deprived areas of England have fallen for the fantasies propagated by 46 of the richest extremist members of the Tory party who believe Brexit will return the UK into a world power selling goods we no longer produce protected by armed forces of a reasonable size we can no longer afford. We need to be part of the EU economically to compete with the US China and india in the future. According to the Governor of the Bank of England Brexit has so far cost each family in the UK £900. Post Brexit it will cost far more and the the most affected areas will be those who believed the right wing loons of the Tory party.
    Mark Carney, said those words indeed, but in reality is it correct?
    His figure is based on a slower growth (not deficit) than predicted pre Brexit, so perhaps his prediction was wrong to start?
    He also claims a large factor of this is because Companies es are not investing as heavily as predicted.

As an example the Bank of England did not predict the initial historical drop on the stock exchange on the first day, which has climbed back steadily, the Bank of England would have no indication or factoring of Trump being successful and the impact he had on the markets.

In short they guessed and got it wrong

We should have stayed in

We should have stayed in championship but we didn't

You can make very good arguments for remaining in the EU as you can leaving .

My own opinion is this , there were thousands upon thousands of young soldiers who gave their life to this country during WW2 , I'm pretty convinced they didn't do it to then let the German's and co tell us what we can do and what we can't .

Niver reight in my opinion .

Hear hear all that needs to be said animal.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You can make very good arguments for remaining in the EU as you can leaving .

My own opinion is this , there were thousands upon thousands of young soldiers who gave their life to this country during WW2 , I'm pretty convinced they didn't do it to then let the German's and co tell us what we can do and what we can't .

Niver reight in my opinion .
    That's possibly the lamest argument that I have ever heard for leaving.

If it's the death of young soldiers that concerns you, shouldn't you be focusing upon the fact that a major war in Europe was something that happened every forty or fifty years or so whereas the prospect of that is now unthinkable given the level of economic and political integration that the EU has brought about?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That's possibly the lamest argument that I have ever heard for leaving.

If it's the death of young soldiers that concerns you, shouldn't you be focusing upon the fact that a major war in Europe was something that happened every forty or fifty years or so whereas the prospect of that is now unthinkable given the level of economic and political integration that the EU has brought about?
    Nothing to do with the Soviets keeping eastern europe in lockdown then from the end of WW2 until the early 90's .

Nuclear deterrent's not a factor either then ?

Or the US propping up NATO ?

The savage war in Yugoslavia seems to have escaped you in the 90's , the EU seemed pretty useless in stopping that one .

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast