+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T European Union

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I generally drive. The Channel ports get messed up every now and then, but c'est la vie.

I don't know any French farmers.

Skiing in the clouds sounds good, but it isn't very pleasant. The 'flat light' conditions within them makes it easy to be come disorientated and the lack of visual references even makes it hard to judge one's speed.

Banter aside, how are your plans to emigrate to Span to escape UK inequality going? On hold whilst you build your decking and pergola?
    I'm 12 years off retirement and taxed on the wealth I've accumulated so unfortunately I'm not in a position as yet to retire early and live off the wealth I've accumulated out of the tax man's reach which possibly gives you a significant advantage over myself .

I'm getting drawn , call it a calling if you will towards Palestine , West Belfast or South Armagh , they seem to be my kind of towns according to what I hear .

The decking and pergola are providing fine shade from the hot summer , once the bottle fridge is purchased it will enhance it further , nice discount from my cooperative employer , it's wonderful to be appreciated at long last , thanks for asking .

I'd think twice about France if I was you , potential revisit of 80's UK on the cards , 16% interest rates , mass unemployment , schoolkids five to a book in crumbling schools with the added disadvantage of no real oil revenue to paper over the cracks , what happened to ours ? , maybe those pesky Norwegians stole it , perhaps not .

Get nasty those French lads on a mission , mind how you go , it's not a fox hunting demo that you can simply run away from when the heat gets turned up , are you sure it's for you ? .

Then there's the far right too to contend with , sat in your chateau on the hill will be as much use to you as Versailles was for the French royalty when they get going , ouch !!!

Let them eat cake I say .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    l

I'm making regular trips to France at the moment

Them cheap booze jaunts to France were profitable & popular 20 years ago with some opportunist Brits Kerr. A think thaz bin abit too slow ont uptek & missed booat on that one mi owd

I take it ker you're a lover of all things French so just wondering your thoughts of this French Muppet who's running the show

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Them cheap booze jaunts to France were profitable & popular 20 years ago with some opportunist Brits Kerr. A think thaz bin abit too slow ont uptek & missed booat on that one mi owd
    It's an interesting diversion is this from the main topic pass .

All tax avoidance isn't something anyone should be proud of because the burden is then placed on others to stump up the money to run the country effectively .

When I lived over the east side of barnsley and which seems a life somebody else lived by comparison with what I enjoy today a couple round the corner were at this game .

They made a few quid no doubt about it , I wouldn't exactly say it changed their lifes massively but they made a good income .

Unfortunately for them they were arrested and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment by the judge .

Clearly the judge that day decided to make an example of them , it was tax avoidance on cigarettes , they didn't peddle drugs and I know that for a fact .

They deserved to be brought to justice because they were breaking the law but 5 years really !!

Any different to a giant american retail giant who similarly doesn't like paying their taxes .

Personally I think not myself .

A visitor on this board will claim controlling their liabilities because the image portrayed is a legitimate company who employ thousands of people in the UK .

Is there any difference ?

If I’m being honest I’ve never really considered myself as a European in any way shape or form, it’s never really raised its head for me. I feel as much affiliation towards Mexico or Australia as anywhere in Europe, I just don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    If I’m being honest I’ve never really considered myself as a European in any way shape or form, it’s never really raised its head for me. I feel as much affiliation towards Mexico or Australia as anywhere in Europe, I just don’t get it.
    We are definitely different from the rest of europe no doubt about it .

My Polish mate hit the nail on the head one day whilst we had a few beers .

" you drive on wrong side of road "

No we don't the rest of the world does .

" you don't use kilometres "

And ........what's wrong with MPH is it inaccurate ?

" I have to get Euro for petrol when driving back to Poland for holiday "

You have to get Euro for the return journey from Poland back to the UK too , any thoughts on that my friend .

" Your sausages taste like carboard "

No argument there , Polish sausages are to die for .

Had some great banter with the lad over the years and he's a greatly missed friend .

" I saw your Queen on Polish tv last night englishman "

She's your Queen now Polishman , I didn't have a choice but you did .

He went to Skeg Vegas for a weekend break one year .

" , beautiful sunny weekend and all english sat in pub watching Premier League on tv every day whilst wife on facebook with phone "

Cracked me up that one .

Are you here because your frightened the German's are going to invade you ?

" that sea saved you englishman and always has , besides they have to invade Poland and conquer us but you build tunnel and let muslim take over "

Brilliant retort .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Oh dear , back to the drawing board , Michel pulls another sad face and tears up a weekends homework in front of the class from the 70's schoolboy .

" not good enough boy , see me after class "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...toms-proposals
    I mentioned further up the thread that I think we are heading for a 'no deal'' Brexit. The premise of the Leave campaign was that we would be better off outside the EU. The EU is intent upon making sure that is not the case, for obvious reasons.

Whilst you are punching the air with delight at the prospect of us crashing out, spare a thought for the less well off, who, inevitably, are going to bear the brunt of the price rises that will follow us moving onto WTO rules.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm 12 years off retirement and taxed on the wealth I've accumulated so unfortunately I'm not in a position as yet to retire early and live off the wealth I've accumulated out of the tax man's reach which possibly gives you a significant advantage over myself .

I'm getting drawn , call it a calling if you will towards Palestine , West Belfast or South Armagh , they seem to be my kind of towns according to what I hear .

The decking and pergola are providing fine shade from the hot summer , once the bottle fridge is purchased it will enhance it further , nice discount from my cooperative employer , it's wonderful to be appreciated at long last , thanks for asking .

I'd think twice about France if I was you , potential revisit of 80's UK on the cards , 16% interest rates , mass unemployment , schoolkids five to a book in crumbling schools with the added disadvantage of no real oil revenue to paper over the cracks , what happened to ours ? , maybe those pesky Norwegians stole it , perhaps not .

Get nasty those French lads on a mission , mind how you go , it's not a fox hunting demo that you can simply run away from when the heat gets turned up , are you sure it's for you ? .

Then there's the far right too to contend with , sat in your chateau on the hill will be as much use to you as Versailles was for the French royalty when they get going , ouch !!!

Let them eat cake I say .
    I can see now why you don't seem to give stuff for the consequences of the no deal Brexit for the less well off. It's the 'I'm alright Jack' approach.

I can see it now - you sitting beneath your pergola whilst sipping a cold one from your discounted fridge and browsing through Spanish property details - trying to decide which shape of pool you prefer. Then maybe tapping away on the laptop to bang on about foodbanks before having another cold one and a nap.

P.s. With the likely ending of reciprocal health care arrangements between the UK and Spain after Brexit, you will no doubt be taking out private health insurance - possibly a bit dear for you - but the transformation will then be complete.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 29-07-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Booze cruising is still something that people in the South East do, but the convergence of duty rates has made it far less attractive. I rarely bother, but if I’ve got half an hour spare and room in the car I sometimes nip into one of the supermarkets near Calais. I brought back a couple of case of sparkling white after my latest trip.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast