+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Tattoos

O/T - Tattoos

I've just seen 3 lovely young ladies on the beach, and not a tattoo between them. Is this a record for 2018?
    I saw some even prettier girls afterwards but those without the tattoos were far better in my eyes. Whatever makes women (and men) get tattooed? - they look hideous. And don't tell me it's for individuality - they all look equally stupid and ugly to me, and most people I speak to.

I heard recently that 1 in 5 (!!!) in England have a tattoo, so a fair few on here will, no doubt, be calling me an old-fashioned boring git who should mind his own business. But I know they're "on trend". And when they're no longer "on trend" some over-caring psychologist will say, in 10 years time, that these people are traumatised and suicidal, and that they should get them removed on the NHS. Fair enough, I say. But why not tax tattoos (say 100%) which would deter silly kids from getting them now, and regretting it the rest of their lives?

Can one of the 20% please tell me their motive for having them? Have I got it wrong - are most of them temporary transfers?

As a kid I remember buying a packet of transfers and putting them on with water. Can abide tattoos as they always look dirty to me. A bucket of water and a scubbing brush wouldn't go amiss!

I was young and stupid 50 years ago and guilty as charged with my wife hating them

I have three reasonably small tattoos. One that incorporates my wife's name, which I had done when we were both in unhappy marriages and I wanted to show her that I was serious about her and wanted to be with her forever. Another one is an Albion tattoo which I have had for so long the throstle looks like an old walnut. I have one other which I will keep to myself.

Had a drink with a Baggie fan at Barnsley about 30 years ago, well before "the trend". He'd got "F*ck off Villa" (without the *) on his neck!

I'm right there with you Talksaft, I find them very unattractive on any *** and the more they have the worse they look. I'm also pretty sure they will look worse as they age.

My wife has two eyes and a nose tattooed above her muff.

In homage to Brian Blessed.

Best one I heard of from a guy I worked with - ex Royal Navy - was of a shipmate who had an entire hunting scene tatooed on his back -Rider, hounds , the lot - with the tail of the fox disappearing up his backside

Tattoos
    Seems they are a fashion thing
    First came the good old swallow. Then the saint man or a jaguar with its claws sticking in.
    Then the celtic band followed by numerous stars.
    The new in thing is a "sleeve" which basically is just a mess.

Had my home town of Folkestone tattooed on my dick a few years ago. All I see now is Fone.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)