+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Rotherham characters past and present

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    That could be somebody who we knew as "Mr. Psycho" - no idea what his real name was (Too scared to ask him!)
    Adding the Mr makes it all the more polite and respectful somehow. Gentler times I suppos

That could be somebody who we knew as "Mr. Psycho" - no idea what his real name was (Too scared to ask him!)
    Well almost 50 years of passed but that name does ring a bell ( no hunchback jokes Patty). He would have been around 40 I would guess, yes a bit of a psycho but no resemblance to Anthony Perkins

Tonto Warrior from Thrybergh. Always a handful on last bus home from town.

There was an old guy many years lived near Wickersley school playing fields in the terrace just behind what used to be the waterworks - he used to wear a dirty cream coloured mac and wellies no matter the weather - he was known as Whoppo ! All the kids used to shout Whoppo when they saw him in the street and he used to shout it back - he once told us he was called whoppo because of the size of his manhood which was the result of his mother lifting him out of the tin batch by his todger - this fact was never asked to be proven !

Does anybody remember "fishface?"In the 60's there was a guy seen to frequent town who was given this cruel nickname as he had a face which resembled a cod.It originated from the myth that his father hit his mother with a cod in the face when heavily pregnant with the resultant effect on the guy. God people were simple and cruel in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Vinegar Liz
    What's the story behind that nickname?!

Bus station Bob - think he passed away a few years ago.

White Warrior - that's what he called himself. Going back about 15 years here, he was an old chap who frequented the classy pubs in the town centre, Rhino, Angel, County. Once he was drunk he'd tell everyone he's the white warrior and will take anyone one on one. Never saw anyone take him up on his offer.

Spudnik - that's just what we called him in the 90s. A creepy 50+ year old bloke who always used to pinch potatoes by the sackful from a potato field near Wickersley woods. Every time me and my mates went that way on our bikes we caught him coming out of the field with a sackful of spuds looking embarrassed that he'd been seen.

Woman with long face. - Only ever saw her once when I was a child in the 80s. The space between her nose and top lip was huge, she scared me and that image has stayed with me to this day.

"Jockey Gee"?
    When I was a young child my dad used to sing to me ( in Al Jolson style)

Little Jockey Gee
    Was out with his girl
    But every minute
    The old cock-linnet
    He had to get under
    Get out and get under
    To fix up his automobile

I remember Ada who used to stand at the front of the Tivoli end. Think she died a few years ago but may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I remember Ada who used to stand at the front of the Tivoli end. Think she died a few years ago but may be wrong.
    She died quite a while back, so did Ron who used to stand behind the dugouts at Millmoor

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast