+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT-Notts. CCC.

To some the glass is always half empty

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    To some the glass is always half empty
    Glass is looking a bit empty 😏

After watching the last three T20's in the Deep Brown Stuff, sort it out Moores.

Sadly though for the Committee or what ever they call themselves today, building the Edifice on the top of the Radcliffe Road Stand does not win matches, nor does it guarantee money spinning Australian Test Matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yep. We won a rain affected game by Duckworth-Lewis. A system that generally benefits the team who batted first and does not take into consideration a complete change to the environment the game is played, especially today.
    And was never designed for 20 over matches.

I think in T20 cricket the ECB should allow umpires & captains to negotiate a reduced overs game, with a minimum of maybe 8 overs a side. At least both teams would have a fair crack at it. Both innings to be completed to constitute a game.

Well that's been a great week for Notts cricket, thrashed by Durham and Worcester, but scraping a win against Derbyshire where the game was there to be lost by them and not won by us.
    Looking at the team there's deficiencies right through the side and it will take a major overhaul to get to be competitive again. I don't see much evidence of young players coming through with Luke Wood sent on loan to Worcester, Matt Carter and Matt Milnes not even sure if they're going to be offered new contracts.
    My opinion is that this starts from the top, Newell got out of the firing line when things were going badly but is still sitting looking over Moores' shoulder which can't be healthy, which of them is responsible for our poor overseas player recruitment?
    Media facilities to attract international cricket seem to be considered more important than strengthening the team and, whilst I do consider international cricket to be important at Trent Bridge, we have to look at what's happening on the pitch.

I agree with all of that Observerpie it can't be good for Moores with Newell lurking above him he should have gone 3-4 years ago.

As most people know he is reported to be seeing the CEO which makes his job pretty much safe that is not right and how Notts can allow this is ridiculous.

We seem to play the same bowlers in all 3 formats no matter what which is not ideal.

Well as for the international cricket we have been completely done over by Graves and his Yorkie mob no way is that ground better than Trent Bridge but Pursehouse seems to think we have a good deal with the T20 blast finals day despite losing out on not one but TWO Ashes series and she is spinning it like we have done well which we haven't.

As for the T20 performances that can happen we have won 50% of the games so far from what I have seen we seem to think we need 190-200 every game to win and the pitch at Trent Bridge is not as flat as last season the weather has made it not as easy to bat on you'd think the players would work that out for themselves !!

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    My opinion is that this starts from the top, Newell got out of the firing line when things were going badly but is still sitting looking over Moores' shoulder which can't be healthy, which of them is responsible for our poor overseas player recruitment?
    Dunno, but it goes from bad to worse. Ross Taylor's replacement Quinton De Kock has been withdrawn without facing a ball!

[QUOTE=The_Don_ORiordan;38954206]I said in the thread about Notts pre season that this is by far the worst batting line up in living memory.

You couldn't have seen the dross we had in the early/mid sixties when we battled Glamorgan and Derby to see who could finish bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Dunno, but it goes from bad to worse. Ross Taylor's replacement Quinton De Kock has been withdrawn without facing a ball!
    I think there is more to that than meets the eye Elite. If Cricket South Africa withdrew him as was widely reported, it may well point to the fact they do not what him playing in a team of No Hopers ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast