+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OT-Notts. CCC.

No matter what happens, pretty poor season all round.
    I’m actually encouraged though by the fact that we didn’t stick with that batting line up throughout the summer. Or we’d be the ones neededing the 20 point swing to stay up.

Moore’s will hopefully work some magic with some of this dross in the winter. And hopefully we’ll at least not struggle as much as this season to get 300 on a regular basis.

Looks like we might survive, more to do with Lancs performing under what they need. Notts are a batting shambles again, 78-5

Notts safe I think
    Never in doubt 🤔
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 25-09-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Error

Definitely safe, but undeservedly so. Even when the chips were down this spineless bunch of losers just lay down and surrendered yet again. We got lucky in the first part of the season by being able to bowl first in very helpful conditions, but the last few games have been a complete embarrassment. The players should hang their heads in shame rather than celebrate.

Lancs were in sight of a 3rd batting point which would have taken them above us if they win (likely) and we lose (put your shirt on it), until they lost their last 3 wickets cheaply. The battle of the bottlers, and they won ... the prize is relegation.

Tbh, any team needing batting points to stay up who have Libby opening the batting don't deserve to stay up, which I think is going to be by virtue of having the most wins, not even a single point.

Well we certainly tried our best to snatch relegation from the jaws of safety. Have we been Derbyshire in disguise this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Definitely safe, but undeservedly so. Even when the chips were down this spineless bunch of losers just lay down and surrendered yet again. We got lucky in the first part of the season by being able to bowl first in very helpful conditions, but the last few games have been a complete embarrassment. The players should hang their heads in shame rather than celebrate.
    Not are I agree that they are spineless. The players are simply not good enough. Players like Samir Patel have massively under performed compared to previous seasons, wth bat and ball. Not had a decent opener for a while, Libby barely got runs for Hucknall CC a year or so ago so why is he deemed good enough for County cricket? The batting line up has always worried me. They always look capable of a collapse

To be fair it must be tricky batting conditions out there. Lancashire only just managed to get to 463!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    To be fair it must be tricky batting conditions out there. Lancashire only just managed to get to 463!
    Luckily, it was Somerset that got 463. If Lancashire had managed to get another 27 runs in their first innings, Notts would be staring relegation in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Luckily, it was Somerset that got 463. If Lancashire had managed to get another 27 runs in their first innings, Notts would be staring relegation in the face.
    You're quite right. All the excitement of watching Jake Libby bat got to me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast