+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT-Notts. CCC.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I didn't realise they still had the toss, I thought the away team could elect to bat or bowl first. Crikey, Marcus is still playing.
    The away team can elect to field first without a toss, but if they want to bat first the toss still takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The away team can elect to field first without a toss, but if they want to bat first the toss still takes place.
    Well I honestly didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    well i honestly didn't know that.
    lol xd

Bottling it again. Lancs 2 points, Notts 0.

At last, 3rd wicket, 2-1 to Lancs.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 24-09-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Incorrect bonus points info on Internet!

On the face of it a poor day from a Notts perspective in both of the games that matter, but realistically it makes survival highly likely, because the many permutations on bonus points are hugely in our favour. If Lancs score 249 or less we are safe, and even if they managed 400 in 110 overs we only need to score 300 to stay up on a pitch that doesn't appear to offer much to pace or spin. A couple of wickets in the first 12 overs tomorrow would reduce that target to 250.

No matter what happens, pretty poor season all round.
    I’m actually encouraged though by the fact that we didn’t stick with that batting line up throughout the summer. Or we’d be the ones neededing the 20 point swing to stay up.

Moore’s will hopefully work some magic with some of this dross in the winter. And hopefully we’ll at least not struggle as much as this season to get 300 on a regular basis.