+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OT-Notts. CCC.

[QUOTE=i961pie;38973838]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I said in the thread about Notts pre season that this is by far the worst batting line up in living memory.

You couldn't have seen the dross we had in the early/mid sixties when we battled Glamorgan and Derby to see who could finish bottom.
    Please please don't remind me of those days I was only a kid, things didn't really start to improve until Clive Rice and Richard Hadlee arrived although Derek Randall always brightened up a game.

Last game of the season just started and Notts need 5 points to be certain of avoiding relegation. Lancashire need to score 20 points more than Notts in their game at Hampshire to send Notts down. Somerset win the toss at Trent Bridge and opt to bat first, every ball can be followed with Radio Nottingham commentary on the free live stream for those interested:

http://live.trentbridge.co.uk/?result=success#stream

Come on Notts - Get the points asap

14 - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Last game of the season just started and Notts need 5 points to be certain of avoiding relegation. Lancashire need to score 20 points more than Notts in their game at Hampshire to send Notts down. Somerset win the toss at Trent Bridge and opt to bat first, every ball can be followed with Radio Nottingham commentary on the free live stream for those interested:

http://live.trentbridge.co.uk/?result=success#stream
    I didn't realise they still had the toss, I thought the away team could elect to bat or bowl first. Crikey, Marcus is still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I didn't realise they still had the toss, I thought the away team could elect to bat or bowl first. Crikey, Marcus is still playing.
    The away team can elect to field first without a toss, but if they want to bat first the toss still takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The away team can elect to field first without a toss, but if they want to bat first the toss still takes place.
    Well I honestly didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    well i honestly didn't know that.
    lol xd

Bottling it again. Lancs 2 points, Notts 0.

At last, 3rd wicket, 2-1 to Lancs.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 24-09-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Incorrect bonus points info on Internet!

On the face of it a poor day from a Notts perspective in both of the games that matter, but realistically it makes survival highly likely, because the many permutations on bonus points are hugely in our favour. If Lancs score 249 or less we are safe, and even if they managed 400 in 110 overs we only need to score 300 to stay up on a pitch that doesn't appear to offer much to pace or spin. A couple of wickets in the first 12 overs tomorrow would reduce that target to 250.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast