+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT-Notts. CCC.

OT-Notts. CCC.

Does anybody know, or have an opinion on what appears to be going wrong at Trent Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Does anybody know, or have an opinion on what appears to be going wrong at Trent Bridge?
    Fair bit going off behind the scenes it would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I know nothing in the sense of first hand information or contacts, but I do have an opinion. We seem to have completely lost the plot in all formats. Even serial losers like Leicestershire can beat us easily in the one day game, and Surrey are currently laughing at us in the four day game. Chris Read was always going to be a hard act to follow, but his replacements both as captain and behind the stumps figure low on the 'blame' list. Too many players are keeping their place on a 'one good game in four' basis.

The talent is there, but a gigantic kick up the arse is urgently needed.

Libby, Nash, Fraine, are these players Notts standard? That's Notts, T20 winners and One Day Cup winners. So we always rely on the same two or three players to get runs, and if they fail, we're stuffed.

Then we have a multitude of bowlers who aren't that bad and aren't that good either. How about just having one devastating bowler, albeit he'll disappear half the season for test matches. I'm not counting Broad, although he's obviously good enough but he's no Richard Hadlee.

Patel did OK today and but Root bowled just 4.3 overs figures of 3/37 whilst seamers plodded down the pitch all day long for little or no reward. So is captaincy the issue as well?

That's not root cause analysis, obviously. ITK, are you ITK on this one?
    Last edited by Bohinen; 23-07-2018 at 08:58 PM.

The players are simply not good enough. Mullaney has gone from a bowling all-rounder to opening the batting. Libby struggled for runs playing for Hucknall last season.
    You only have to look at the batting averages of the players this season. It simply is not good enough on what is a good batting track. Just look at some of the scores at Trent Bridge. Surrey get nearly 600, we will be blown away twice, for less than that.
    The side on paper is weak, and it’s performed that way. 2 poor defences of titles and an inevitability of clinging on in the County Championship Division 1. For me the finger needs pointing straight at Mick Newell. How many academy players have come through in the last decade?

Surrey have Aaron Finch and Morne Morkel playing against us. We have no overseas player apparently. We have also recently lost Read, James Taylor, Lumb, Brendon Taylor and I'm sure I've missed someone else. We have replaced with Root junior. Fraine and Libby. Poor recruitment seems to be the problem!

I said in the thread about Notts pre season that this is by far the worst batting line up in living memory.

The players who have gone were the ones you could rely on, the ones who remain are the ones who when the going gets tough, bottle it.

Not good enough by far.

Rumours around TB are that there are too many chiefs and the players go to Newell to undermine Moores when they don’t like what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Patel did OK today and but Root bowled just 4.3 overs figures of 3/37 whilst seamers plodded down the pitch all day long for little or no reward. So is captaincy the issue as well?
    I don't think so. Root's figures are misleading, he came on when Surrey were throwing the bat because they knew they already had a match winning lead, and just wanted a few quick runs so Notts would face more overs before the close. He was going for than more 8 runs an over bowling to tail enders. Look more to the batsmen, who seem to have no guts for a fight. They probably got the worst of the conditions, but when Harry Gurney is your top scorer you have real problems. It's easy to blame the captain, but Mullaney commands respect and is one of the few to have performed reasonably well. The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves, because there is no way this squad should be performing as badly as they are.

Personally having been a Member for may years I suspect you do not have to look any further than the appointment of Peter Moore's.

His Notts career is just a continuation of Lancashire an England he maybe very good at coaching youngsters, but as a top clubs manager / coach it is a step too far imo.

Moores isn't the problem for me he has won titles at Sus*** and Lancashire so he can coach at county level at international level yeah definately not good enough.

We also won 2 trophies and got promoted with him last season.

I don't like the fact Newell is hanging about he should have gone 5 years ago and it is obvious that recruitment is the problem maybe we just don't have the money to bring in good solid players.

What is annoying is the youngsters are not getting a chance and we are signing players like Nash who has done nothing and won't get any better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast