+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT-Notts. CCC.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    You're quite right. All the excitement of watching Jake Libby bat got to me.
    All that excitement didn't last long.

Whilst some much older than I believe this isn’t the worst batting line up, it’s without doubt the most spineless.

Anyone having to watch that..........it was just awful. The shambolic way the wickets were chucked away made this look like a dead rubber.

Moore’s need significant changes. We are not even close to good enough to play div 1 championship cricket.

There are issues at this club that need addressing and not just in the changing room.

Newell or Pursehouse need to go. Preferably both.

The ashes shambles followed by the loss of finals day, and all we have left is an ODI and a few non England World Cup games to show, is not good enough for Trent bridge as an international venue.

With what’s on offer at TB I doubt as many will be queuing up for membership next season. I’m certainly considering not renewing for the first time in over 15 years.

Something simply has to change. It’s all too cosy.

Wessels, Patel, Libby have to go as do about 5 bowlers

Not one of Samit’s best season (averages about 30 in County Cricket and 50 over cricket) but talk of getting rid of last seasons best player is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Whilst some much older than I believe this isn’t the worst batting line up, it’s without doubt the most spineless.

Anyone having to watch that..........it was just awful. The shambolic way the wickets were chucked away made this look like a dead rubber.

Moore’s need significant changes. We are not even close to good enough to play div 1 championship cricket.

There are issues at this club that need addressing and not just in the changing room.

Newell or Pursehouse need to go. Preferably both.

The ashes shambles followed by the loss of finals day, and all we have left is an ODI and a few non England World Cup games to show, is not good enough for Trent bridge as an international venue.

With what’s on offer at TB I doubt as many will be queuing up for membership next season. I’m certainly considering not renewing for the first time in over 15 years.

Something simply has to change. It’s all too cosy.
    Spot on.

Newell & Purshouse are the problem!

But nothing will change & why do they keep on employing ex players as coaches?

As for Patel another fantastic knock this morning(golden duck)maybe he did not want to be late for lunch!

Not to worry the club has announced that Stuart Broad is to get a testimonial next season,nothing like getting there priorities right.

Having started this thread on the 23rd of July, I am shocked at the capitulation of our county side in the interim.
    Trent Bridge and Notts CCC appear to be in rapid decline, and the lack of effort and application displayed by the team during the match against Somerset is pretty dreadful. As a previous poster stated, were it not for the poor batting by Lancashire, we would now be heading back to Division 2. Today is an ignominious end to our season, and I sincerely hope that the powers that be at Trent Bridge take a long hard look at themselves and produce a plan to return success back to our county team, and to ensure that the ground once again becomes a leading venue in world cricket.

I recently saw an interview with Rob Andrew where he said they were looking to scrap the Division one/two concept as it hadn't had the effect it was set up to do. They are apparently looking at a three conference set up where promotion and relegation were not the issue. There is evidence that teams fighting relegation or promotion are bringing in highly paid foreign players to avoid the drop or confirm promotion instead of developing British players.

Lancashire finished level on points with Notts with Notts only above by having one more win.

Lancashire must feel aggrieved as they were the only County to lose points (1 point) for slow over rate which would have seen them stay up.

They were also very lucky (due to Trent Bridge developments), they played the first 3 games away and with the new toss rule inserted the opposition on April green pitches and won 2 of them.

This season started brightly but has been nowhere near good enough.

Management need to look at themselves and the team to sort next year out.
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 26-09-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Lancashire finished level on points with Notts with Notts only above by having one more win.

Lancashire must feel aggrieved as they were the only County to lose points (1 point) for slow over rate which would have seen them stay up.

They were also very lucky (due to Trent Bridge developments), they played the first 3 games away and with the new toss rule inserted the opposition on April green pitches and won 2 of them.

This season started brightly but has been nowhere near good enough.

Management need to look at themselves and the team to sort next year out.
    Maybe the Notts cricket management could come over to the Lane and learn some tips about the County model...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456