+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not much uptake for the Cardiff friendly...

I have been to what was our last friendly before the season started for the last 2 years, which both games fell on the last Saturday before the season started. Two years ago we played Sunderland at NYS and lost 3-2, it was hard to judge whether either team was any good , but it turned out neither team was as we were both relegated.
    Last year we played Barnsley, and beat them 4-0 , and although the scoreline flattered us the result didn't and we finished the game with 10 different outfield players on the pitch, to the ones that started, so from seeing that game I always thought we had to be looking at a play off place at least.
    I'm going to Cardiff match tonight and really looking forward to it, I'll post my thoughts on the game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Whooo interesting comment ! how can the West stand “generally” have a better view than the East stand ?
    Give it a try when you can. You will see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Whooo interesting comment ! how can the West stand “generally” have a better view than the East stand ?
    Dint tha lern owt up at ORF Millertale, sun sets int west so if its behind thi its not in thi eyes.

Attendance was about 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Give it a try when you can. You will see the difference.
    Been there dun it but no better view ! Other than that you are looking across at all the good looking lads in the East stand, while conversely we only have to look at your miserable faces 🤫😋

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Attendance was about 2500
    2455 with 205 away fans

The view from the East Stand certainly gives a better perception of how impressive the stadium is.
    By the way, did anybody else notice how filthy the seats and surrounding areas were? Time for the club to get some cleaners in and sort it out before the season starts. We're in the Championship now and higher standards should apply.

Wonder if that's partly to do with the fire at G and C and also the subsequent ongoing demolition. There must have been some shyte blown across. Plus its dusty and dry anyway with the hot weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Dint tha lern owt up at ORF Millertale, sun sets int west so if its behind thi its not in thi eyes.
    Big lights are on East Stand though so in the West stand you get them shining in your eyes.

Bit rough for first 15mins until the sun dropped
    West Stand nice and shaded !

Can see why they only open up one stand for friendlies but would have thought WS was best option
    Bigger concourse
    Sun not in eyes
    + on same side as ticket office to save the walk round !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast